Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Anyone know about Vexus Boats? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 01-24-2020, 12:40 PM
Keeper

Default Anyone know about Vexus Boats?

Was at the boat show yesterday looking at the new Ranger 622FS (awesome!!!) the deck space up front is huge and that's where I spend most of my time and while I was looking at that saw the new Vexus boats.

The Vexus rep said they line all of their boats compartments unlike Ranger so when the hatch closes by mistake the metal in it won't chip the fiberglass. Not sure about this but it sounds smart. Also, they have some great solid boat colors and got rid of the girly sparkles.

Anyone know about Vexus boats?

Last edited by walleyec; 01-24-2020 at 01:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2020, 01:18 PM
Wallhanger

Default Vexus Boats

All I know is it is a group of original Ranger Boat Guys that started Vexus Boats. They built a brand new plant and I guess it is very modern. Quality is their mission. I'm not sure if their sales is huge yet but for me I'm glad they are selling in the area.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyec View Post
The Vexus rep said they line all of their boats compartments unlike Ranger so when the hatch closes by mistake the metal in it won't chip the fiberglass. Not sure about this but it sounds smart.
I'm on my 20th Ranger....I've yet to chip the fiberglass due to a compartment cover's latch being in the wrong position when it closes.

You have to turn the latch to get it open.....it's sideways and out of the way then. So, unless you're somehow turning it more AFTER the lid is open, which doesn't make any sense, I don't see how it would move to a position to chip the fiberglass when you go to close it again.

Hmmmmm......
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com

2020 Ranger 621 FS Pro Series
300 G2
15 ETEC Kicker
112 Ulterra w/iPilot LINK
Humminbird Helix 12 MEGA SI CHIRP Gen3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2020, 01:21 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post
I'm on my 20th Ranger....I've yet to chip the fiberglass due to a compartment cover's latch being in the wrong position when it closes.

You have to turn the latch to get it open.....it's sideways and out of the way then. So, unless you're somehow turning it more AFTER the lid is open, which doesn't make any sense, I don't see how it would move to a position to chip the fiberglass when you go to close it again.

Hmmmmm......

I've done this! Hahaha
Old 01-24-2020, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyec View Post
I've done this! Hahaha
LOL...Why? Just.....why?
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com

2020 Ranger 621 FS Pro Series
300 G2
15 ETEC Kicker
112 Ulterra w/iPilot LINK
Humminbird Helix 12 MEGA SI CHIRP Gen3
Old 01-24-2020, 01:26 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post
LOL...Why? Just.....why?
Because I'm a dummy. lol.

In a hurry turn the latch as I'm pulling it open then it closes and the latch bar is in the wrong position.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:57 PM
Minnow

I saw one at the Detroit show. I was super excited when the production was announced a couple of years ago and was really looking forward to seeing one. Well, I really really want to like it but I am sorry to say, I am really disappointed. I don't know if its a fishing boat or a barefoot/wakeboard boat. The windshield is useless, the top of the windshield is right at the sight line. The windshield looks unrefined and in finished, the panel is laid out kinda goofy as is the new Ranger. What is with the tall instrument panel almost to the top of the windshield on the Ranger? Geezzzz! Anyway, back to the Venus, it may be a high quality great driving boat, I really dont know but the first impression I got was unfavorable. There were other things I didnt like about the Venus also. What I look for in this type of boat is function, not unnecessary unfunctional style. I think the Warrior and Skeeters are the best most functional boats in the Walleye market right now. This is my opinion, I may be ignorant in that opinion but never the less, its my opinion. I would buy a Warrior if I was getting a glass boat.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:59 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fshrman-r72 View Post
All I know is it is a group of original Ranger Boat Guys that started Vexus Boats. They built a brand new plant and I guess it is very modern. Quality is their mission. I'm not sure if their sales is huge yet but for me I'm glad they are selling in the area.
One of their guys sclark is a moderator on the bbc forum, he said they are on backorder, can't keep up with demand.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:19 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott C View Post
One of their guys sclark is a moderator on the bbc forum, he said they are on backorder, can't keep up with demand.
I was told last weekend at the Minneapolis show that the Vexus dealer had 2 build slots left for stock boats that were previously ordered and anything ordered after that would not be here until July. Demand must be really good.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:44 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritonguy View Post
Demand must be really good.
Or production slow....