Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Jiigin rap/Shiver minnow storage - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 03-24-2020, 05:34 PM
Slot Fish

Default Jiigin rap/Shiver minnow storage

Just wondering how everyone is storing there glide bait products? Any good way to keep them separate put have multiples in each compartment of the plano boxes? Pictures appreciated. TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2020, 06:08 PM
Wallhanger

I use these lure lock containers with some of the dividers removed. You just push the baits into the sticky stuff. I think it also keeps them from banging around and breaking the ends off.

https://www.lurelock.com/collections/all
Just eyed the new double decker box. Scroll down to find it.

Last edited by Snowking; 03-24-2020 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:47 PM
Charter Member

Any of the divided plastic tackle boxes will take care of your storage issues.

Pick, choose, and use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2020, 07:28 AM
Minnow

You might consider using the double sided tackle boxes from Amish Outfitters or Fish USA - they have 10 individual compartments that work for your Shiver Minnows and also are great for most crankbaits. I have 6 of the smaller boxes and 13 of the larger size, mostly for crankbaits. Baits are categorized by type, diving depth range and color if possible. Yea, I'm a tackle junkie....with not much to do for the near future.
bestfishes - jim
Old 03-25-2020, 07:45 AM
Wallhanger

Lure lock or the Plano spoon storage box that has foam in it. Otherwise they get beat up. The paint chips off and the tail Finns get broken https://www.cabelas.com/product/Plan...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 03-25-2020, 08:13 AM
Slot Fish

I put 2 or 3 in the same slot in my planos with out tangling by taking a small rubber band and fastening treble to fin. Takes a little time but quicker than untangling them
Old 03-25-2020, 10:15 AM
Wallhanger

I'm a crankbait guy too.
I use Plano 3700 boxes for Jigging Raps and all of my crankbaits and then I use the Cabelas softsided Magnum tackle bags that hold a dozen 3700 boxes. I use a Sharpie to identify what's in each 3700 box on each end that allows me to see what's in each 3700 immediately when I open up a tackle bag. I generally group the 3700's together by brands such as Rapala, Berkley, Salmo etc. As an example, I identify what's in each of the 3700's into something like #5 Flicker Shads, #7 Flicker Shads, #7 Flicker Minnows, #9 Flick Minnows, #11 Flicker Minnows, etc., etc.. I also tape a waterproofed copy of the dive curve for the contents of each Plano 3700 under the cover of each 3700 box so that it can be read when the cover is opened.
The identification of each 3700 can easily be changed if reorganizing by using a solvent to remove it and then writing a new identification.
I carry alot of crankbaits with me when I'm fishing and constantly change the contents of my Cabela's bags depending upon the season and where I'm fishing.
I've been using the system for years and it works great for me.
Sorry, got a bit off topic.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:19 AM
Slot Fish

Default Storage ifea

I’m going to give this a crack. Found some packing foam and grooved out where I would like the shiver minnows to sit. They appear to be holding in place nicely when I shake the plano around! Should be able to fit around 40-45 in there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5B2EDD9B-B24A-4D91-8036-BB5FA18B0DF3.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	316822  
Old 04-04-2020, 05:58 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mulder View Post
Iím going to give this a crack. Found some packing foam and grooved out where I would like the shiver minnows to sit. They appear to be holding in place nicely when I shake the plano around! Should be able to fit around 40-45 in there.
This is how I do it as well. If you cut a slit in the foam it works great for spoons and blades also. Keeps the finish in great shape, and the hooks stay sharper longer. That style foam you're using is the best, a little stiff and easy to cut.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:02 PM
Minnow

Take a look at https://store.justencase.com/smallji...x-81slots.aspx