Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Vexilar Edge question - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 08-26-2008, 11:21 PM
Sakakawea

Default Vexilar Edge question

After looking at the units on their web page, why do they have a left set of buttons and a right set of buttons? Kind of confused by that. Thinking about buying one and am just curious as no one around here sells them so it's hard to know what I am looking at.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Wallhanger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakakawea View Post
After looking at the units on their web page, why do they have a left set of buttons and a right set of buttons? Kind of confused by that. Thinking about buying one and am just curious as no one around here sells them so it's hard to know what I am looking at.
I believe on Vexilars sight they have a video showing how the edge3 works.
The right and left buttons are for adujusting the gain and range for either side of screen. You see the Edge has two seperate transducers one 10 deg and one 38 deg cone angles. The Graph is made to run in a split screen mode because you have two graphs with one display. Its best dual range sonar I`ve seen. You don`t have to run the unit in split sreen although the operation of it is intended to work that way.
I just bought the Edge 2 but haven`t had it on the water yet. The buttons on the graph allow you to adjust most common settings on the fly without going into a menu to do it. It`s a well thought out unit for the fisherman. My Edge replaces the new X510c I just bought in the spring, that doesn`t work and Lowrance can`t fix.

Last edited by whofan; 08-26-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Charter Member

If anyone is considering one.....Vexilar aso has a sale running on reconditioned units tell the 5th of September. If there are any Edge's around, they will go fast.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Wallhanger

I bought my Vexilar Edge2 as a reconditioned unit from Vexilars site. I took mine out for the first time today and I love it, best LCD sonar I ever used. I was a little apprehensive about transducer performance, they are big and theres two mounted side by side. Followed Vexilars mounting instructions and no rooster tails and both sonars stayed lock on to bottom at 35 M.P.H.
Looking at the videos about how flashers work on a boat I think they are a good choice as well. I looked at flashers as outdated. I think a serious fisherman should have a flasher as well as a LCD sonar.
I learned that flashers can do things that LCD can`t in real time performance. One thing nice about lcd they record what you`ve gone over so you can look away and look back. Flashers pick up instantly what your over faster than LCD. I have to get a flasher too, soon.
Vexilar in my opinion has Lowrance beat by far in sonars.