Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Opinions needed - Cisco rod holders - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-16-2019, 06:43 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundman1! View Post
I ordered new rod holders from Cisco yesterday. They told me that they are 3 weeks out on fulfilling orders.
All I'm going to say that in my opinion CISCO is the only way to go for the many reasons mentioned above so you made the right decision. Since you have a Lund did you think about or order the Sport Trac mount for your rod holders? I used it in my last two Lunds and it gave me a lot of versatility.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2673.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	459.9 KB
ID:	308338

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2672.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	496.6 KB
ID:	308340

Never have I tried the cradles with dipsies or other presentations. Been tempted to but I don't want the handle of the rods sticking in to the boat. With my current boat they would get in the way. I have not lost a rod yet while placing the tube at a 90 degree/horizontal angle and I also carry short bungy cords that I can use from the reel to the tube if needed.
Lowrance HDS-12 Gen 3
Lowrance HDS-12 Carbon w/3 in 1
Lowrance Outboard Pilot w/Remote
Lowrance VHF Link-8
TrollMaster Pro 2
Fish Hawk X4
Cisco Tracks, Masts & Rod Holders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2019, 07:30 AM
Charter Member

Yes - I ordered two with the Lund Sport Trak mount, and one for the rail. The sport trak mount is a very useful and versatile feature, and easy to use.
Minn Kota Terrova
Lowrance Elite 7Ti
Cisco rod holders
Old 05-01-2019, 08:29 AM
Keeper

A bit of an old thread but some good info here. I have a 216 Fishunter on order and I will have the flush mounted rod holders across the transom, but I am looking for some rail mounted holders for the back as well as the front.

I mostly troll live bait, swim baits and wake baits, and rarely ever use planet boards, at least currently (that could change). I love the look of the tube holders and like how they are not intrusive and can be used while running to keep the rods out of the boat, but are they really predominately for use with planer boards?
Old 05-01-2019, 09:11 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpr View Post
A bit of an old thread but some good info here. I have a 216 Fishunter on order and I will have the flush mounted rod holders across the transom, but I am looking for some rail mounted holders for the back as well as the front.

I mostly troll live bait, swim baits and wake baits, and rarely ever use planet boards, at least currently (that could change). I love the look of the tube holders and like how they are not intrusive and can be used while running to keep the rods out of the boat, but are they really predominately for use with planer boards?
Mine are used mainly for boards, but I'll straight line one out each side occasionally with live bait (harnesses). Obviously, you would need some risers and differing rod lengths to straight line more than one line per side.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:36 AM
Keeper

Thatís what I was concerned about. So different size risers and different tube angles would not be enough when straight lining more than one rod per side? You would need different rod lengths?
Old 05-01-2019, 01:06 PM
Slot Fish

I'm sure you'd be fine long lining a couple rods per side....one pointed straight out the back, the other perpendicular to boat. To go 3/side I'd get a couple stubby rods.