Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Making a lure dryer for jigs. Appreciate some input - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Home Grown Tackle > HGT General Discussion

Old 11-17-2013, 10:10 PM
Keeper

Default Making a lure dryer for jigs. Appreciate some input

I make a lot of jig 1/64 thru 1/4 and sometimes up to 3oz. Although I PC most jigs I have started airbrushing spoons and cranks and am amazed at the versatility and finish options and have decided to play with jigs and want to clear coat after painting.

I have a few spare 5-6rpm motors an am toying with the idea of using magnets to hold the jigs in place while on the dryer, I gave found a good supply of 1" dia magnets that hold 1 ounce jigs and will probably hold heavier but I do not have any in stock to test.

My plan is to use 1-1/4 square stock and pot the magnets 1 1/4" apart on each of the 4 sides. then just place the jigs on the magnets and CC away.

Has anyone tried anything similar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2013, 10:24 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Philadelphia PA Suburbs/The mighty Delaware/A dirty beach in Jersey

I know guy's who use like metal clothes pins small clamps for salt water jig's. They mount them on wood. I know a guy to ask I will try to find out more.

FC
Old 11-19-2013, 10:49 PM
Wallhanger

alligator clips is what I have seen most use or two pieces of aluminum with c-clips (TJ's Tackle's jig clip).

Last edited by bfish; 11-19-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2013, 06:58 PM
Minnow

Maybe an option to consider is the concrete sealer "GST International High Gloss Wet Look Lacquer" which is thin enough that you don't have to use a turner - just dip it and touch any drips with a toothpick etc. to wick them off. There's a big thread about it on Tackle Underground.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:43 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by defish View Post
Maybe an option to consider is the concrete sealer "GST International High Gloss Wet Look Lacquer" which is thin enough that you don't have to use a turner - just dip it and touch any drips with a toothpick etc. to wick them off. There's a big thread about it on Tackle Underground.
I have followed the thread and have a gallon of the stuff. IMO it does not compare to the epoxy. I like the depth I get with epoxy plus can add glitter and still have a smooth rock hard finish. Cannot get it with the concrete sealer, Additionally, do not have near as many fumes with the epoxy.