Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Battery run time with 36 V Ipilot link - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 10-07-2019, 06:09 PM
Wallhanger

Since you are buying new batteries have you considered buying one bigger battery rather than two wired in parallel? There is really no upper limit to the size you can buy other the limit of your ability to lift a heavy battery. If you buy two batteries you will have twice the number of cells and twice the probability of cell failure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2019, 05:08 PM
Wallhanger

Had not seen this before today. If you don't want a kicker I would suggest Lithium batteries. Will double your runtime and last for 10 years. I do have a kicker and with AGM batteries 5 hours was about it pulling cranks. Using the Kicker to push at idle and I used my ipilot link to control and got 10 hours on the AGMs. I now have lithium(3 Relion 100 amp hour) and have the kicker to help me get home if I need it. Still cheaper than a Kicker for trolling. Bob

Last edited by Ozark Bob; 10-20-2019 at 05:12 PM.