Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Rapala Lithium filet knife storage - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 06-20-2019, 10:22 AM
Wallhanger

Default Rapala Lithium filet knife storage

I bought my knife before they came out with the deluxe kit with case. I'm a case kind of guy. Like to have it together, grab, and go. Since the case is not sold separately I'm looking to see what creative ideas people have out there?

For now I have a 3700 extra deep that I am using. It's too wide for the compartment that I have it in, but it works.
Solix 12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2019, 10:33 AM
Minnow

This is what I use.

https://www.menards.com/main/tools/t...998519&&ipos=3

I store my knife and blades in the top tray and a box of zip lock bags and roll of paper towels in the bottom.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:06 AM
Keeper

This thread couldn't be more timely for me. I just opened my battery Rapala birthday gift knife last night. First thing I thought was, "bummer, no case".

My thought was to get an appropriate sized single tackle box tray and line it with foam. Maybe 3" tall to fit nicely in my gunwale. With a handle would be even better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2019, 06:34 PM
Wallhanger

I hate my plastic case that my Rapala came in such a pain to put it back in found a shaving case at a rummage sale it fit into for $1
Old 06-20-2019, 11:53 PM
Charter Member

Some time ago, I simply sat down at my industrial sewing machine and make an appropriately sized bag to nicely hold the fillet knife and blades.

I used heavy Nylon Cordura material for the bag which will last as long as I have need for the bag.

I have the bag some what longer than what is needed for the bag. So after the kinfe has been inserted, I just roll up the bag and slip a cord around it to keep it nice and tidy and occupy the minimum space. The bag is 100% waterproof, so it provides a nice minimally sized water proof cover for the knife and blades at little cost.

Good luck
Old 06-21-2019, 08:21 AM
Keeper

I use a small toolbox. Also through in spare blade, ziploc bags and a marker for writing on the bags.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:18 AM
Wallhanger

I use the case from my old Rapala knife. I had to modify it slightly as the handle is a little different shape. I had to put hinges on it cause the plastic ones broke and I hold it closed with a velcro strip.

It seems like you could contact Rapala and buy a case. If you do let us know cause I might be interested in one too.
Old 06-23-2019, 04:43 PM
Charter Member

Diesel,
You might take your knife into a store and check out the Mr. Twister knife case to see if it would work for you. If not close, order one, and if it works - keep it. If not, return the case.

https://www.scheels.com/p/mister-twi...SABEgKzu_D_BwE

Basically the heavy cordura bag that I made for my knives is similar to this one and the bag works well and it will last a very long time.

Good luck
Old 06-23-2019, 04:53 PM
Charter Member

If you want a hard box, I would think that the Plano 3700 open box would nicely hold the knife and accessories.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/pla...uestid=1876747
Old 06-23-2019, 07:16 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Some time ago, I simply sat down at my industrial sewing machine and make an appropriately sized bag to nicely hold the fillet knife and blades.

I used heavy Nylon Cordura material for the bag which will last as long as I have need for the bag.

I have the bag some what longer than what is needed for the bag. So after the kinfe has been inserted, I just roll up the bag and slip a cord around it to keep it nice and tidy and occupy the minimum space. The bag is 100% waterproof, so it provides a nice minimally sized water proof cover for the knife and blades at little cost.

Good luck
Can you post a picture of your bag and the machine you sewed it on?

Thanks