Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Would you recommend a LOW Elite 7 to a friend - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 01-23-2015, 06:53 PM
Keeper

Default Would you recommend a LOW Elite 7 HDI to a friend

Read alot of posts on this Elite HDI unit ,any pro&cons.Have they fixed the slow GPS.Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks JIM

Last edited by JJW; 01-24-2015 at 09:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2015, 07:05 PM
Charter Member

If it was an HDi
Old 01-24-2015, 05:45 PM
Keeper

It is a 7 Elite 7 HDI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2015, 07:43 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJW View Post
Read alot of posts on this Elite HDI unit ,any pro&cons.Have they fixed the slow GPS.Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks JIM
I have an Elite 7 Hdi on the console and an Elite 7 Base Combo (no downscan) on the bow connected to the standard 83/200 transducer on the Terrova.

I think the Elite 7 HDI is alot of value for the money, and the downscan is excellent. Some functions are somewhat slow, especially when I am loading in alot of waypoints from a digital mapping tool, in my case Contour Elite. I have the 2 units networked with via NMEA 2000, and can share waypoints that enter on the water, but if loading from the micro SD, I have to load into each unit individually. I am told that the HDS is better for networking.

I wish I had the DSI on the bow, but didn't want to deal with clamping on the transducer and the wire.

So short answer - yes, I would highly recommend it but make sure you get the HDI.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:27 AM
Wallhanger

Default Great value

The is one of the best bang for the bucks units out there. You can even run two of these units on the same boat without interference. Unit 1 2d 200, downscan on 455, Unit 2 2d on 83 and downscan on 800. You can't do that with Hbird in deep water because both units ping 200 & 83 not matter what the settings.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:42 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWinches View Post
The is one of the best bang for the bucks units out there.
X2. I don't think you can go wrong, especially with the HDI unit.

I've recommended them to several people that are looking for that "bang for the buck" sonar unit, including my brother in law, and they're all very happy with them.

The new Elite 9 HDI would also be a great option, you can never have too big a screen!

Waxy
Old 01-26-2015, 04:45 PM
Minnow

I'm glad to see these positive reviews. With the new Elite Chirp units on the scene, there are some really good deals to be had on the remaining Elite 7 HDIs. I just ordered an Elite 7x HDI online for $312. I already have a stand alone Garmin chartplotter, so I didn't need the GPS function. This will be my new big toy for this spring, I can't wait to get out again.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:43 PM
Wallhanger

Default $312 with trans ?where pm me

I have tried HDI 4x and 5x and 4 GPS Elite series HDIs. Kind of like them. There better than DIs.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:49 PM
Keeper

Thanks for all the input guess that's what my new toy will be!
Thanks JIM
Old 01-30-2015, 04:36 PM
Wallhanger

Like others have said its a great unit and for the price its tough to beat. I ran one for a while on the bow of my boat. Very pleased and it was nice having downscan on the trolling motor. Since then I have had many friends purchase the Elite 7 HDI and they are also very happy with it.
NPAA #523