Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2020 Lund invoice up 10% over 2019 - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-13-2019, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW View Post
The primary raw product used for these items, crude oil, is down roughly 50% since 2016, more than offsetting tariffs.

US labor costs are rising so I point to that as basis for boat price increases. Wages increased 3.2% in the past 12 months alone.
Yeah, I can see that labor increase hitting them for sure. As far as petroleum though, only the plastics and nylon for carpeting comes from petroleum. I work in the lubricant industry and we've only seen base oil and finished goods prices increase since 2016. We haven't seen a decrease in costs in over 10 years. Refined specialty chemicals do not follow the trend of crude at all with the exception of gas, so you have raw material increases topped with tariffs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2019, 07:48 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBV View Post
That is crazy. Boat prices of gotten way out of hand the last 10 years. There is absolutely no way boat prices should be this high for these size boats. Keep doing this boat mfg and when the next recession hits they will really be hurting, as you are pricing most people out of the market for a recreational pastime....
I agree they are soon going to price themselves out of the market on this boats. **** almost the cost of an escalate for a pro-v today and a car has way more to it if you think about it. Yea, I know smaller market than for a car but still materials and labors are materials and labor. Getting kind of crazy.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 09-14-2019, 06:23 AM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

I have heard you can still buy a 14' or 16' alum hull with a 15-20 hp motor. It's rumored that this boat will float and catch fish.

So does that mean the price of 20' fiberglass boats with 300+ hp motors, (3) screens, bow mount that stows it's self, gas kicker (2) Talons is overpriced because the consumer has shown a want for those boats?

I agree the price of the top of the line boats is getting crazy high. However pricing in no worse than the demands of the accessories of guys demanding on their rigs.

Before condemning the builders and dealers of gouging maybe we need to stand in front of the mirror and ask that guy if he really NEEDS all those bells and whistles to get out fishing a couple times a month?

It's a "keeping up with the Jones" mentality in almost all cases driving these purchases. How many guides can you hire with that $70,000 + boat vs going and spending that money yourself?

It's a "want" purchase vs a "need" purchase.
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2019, 06:38 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
I have heard you can still buy a 14' or 16' alum hull with a 15-20 hp motor. It's rumored that this boat will float and catch fish.

So does that mean the price of 20' fiberglass boats with 300+ hp motors, (3) screens, bow mount that stows it's self, gas kicker (2) Talons is overpriced because the consumer has shown a want for those boats?

I agree the price of the top of the line boats is getting crazy high. However pricing in no worse than the demands of the accessories of guys demanding on their rigs.

Before condemning the builders and dealers of gouging maybe we need to stand in front of the mirror and ask that guy if he really NEEDS all those bells and whistles to get out fishing a couple times a month?

It's a "keeping up with the Jones" mentality in almost all cases driving these purchases. How many guides can you hire with that $70,000 + boat vs going and spending that money yourself?

People are going to think that you are just a big “ poopy pants” if you keep posting thoughts that just seem to be a bit too rational. C’mon man......where is the fun in that ? Go Tribe !!!!

PjShorthorn
Old 09-14-2019, 07:11 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty59 View Post
Looks like the Lund 2020 invoice price is up 10% on the hull and motor, with the most options up 5% but a few rise as much as 10%. WOW!

Marty
Just curious, where did you get your information ?
Old 09-14-2019, 07:26 AM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjshorthorn View Post
People are going to think that you are just a big “ poopy pants” if you keep posting thoughts that just seem to be a bit too rational. C’mon man......where is the fun in that ? Go Tribe !!!!

PjShorthorn
What was I thinking.

Twinks will run out 6 guys you have never heard of before.........4 of them you will never hear of again after this year.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:51 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeshavit View Post
Just curious, where did you get your information ?
Copy of a 2020 dealer invoice!

Marty
Old 09-14-2019, 08:36 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:

A guy I fish with had an 1800 Fisherman. Nice boat, ran well, 20 years old, MEGA electronics and an Ulterra. A month ago he sends me a picture of a four year old 2075 Tyee and tells me he bought it. Didn't even know he was shopping. The 1800 is bigger than the rest of us have and I suppose higher status. Full windshield boats don't suit my style of fishing so he knows I'm not jealous. No idea why he bought it other than to make a change. I will say I'm looking forward to the early season on Erie in it.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:53 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:

it’s not about how many guides you can hire, it’s about the freedom to go when you want where you want for as long as you want. it’s still a bad value proposition ant the price don’t reflect value, and I never used the word gouge!

PS - it’s 80k before all the accessories.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes

Last edited by bbheli; 09-15-2019 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:30 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty59 View Post
Copy of a 2020 dealer invoice!

Marty
Was going to purchase a 2019 Impact XS never pulled the trigger. Been shopping 2020 models and received several quotes going with the exact same equipment and motor that I was looking at in the 2019 model and I can tell you the price increase was no where near 10% in fact it was less than half of that.