Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
How to determine Boat Value for Selling - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 06-29-2020, 04:17 PM
Minnow

Default How to determine Boat Value for Selling

I have a boat that I have had for 10+ years and wondering how to determine the value of it for potentially selling.

Last edited by 3M TA3; 06-29-2020 at 07:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2020, 05:53 PM
Wallhanger

There must be a web site with boat values. You may want to check with a bank to see the loan value of the boat. A potential buyer may want to borrow money against the boat. If you price is higher than the loan value you may exclude some buyers.

Be realistic - it's a 10yo boat. It may seem to be pristine in your mind. But if it was used regularly it probably isn't 'like new'. You can ask any price you like. What you eventually sell it for is the real value.

Goof luck
Old 06-30-2020, 05:22 AM
Slot Fish

Yes, you can get a ballpark from NADA.
https://www.nadaguides.com/Boats
36V MK Ulterra
8610,8612 Garmin's with UHD & Livescope
Simrad GoESE 9
Mercury VesselView Link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2020, 07:51 AM
Keeper

NADA isn't reliable for values, at least in my area. From what I've seen most boats are going for well above the NADA estimates. Accessories can make a big difference in price as well and the pricing guides rarely account for them accurately. A 10 year old boat with a latest generation Ulterra, a kicker, and multiple late model 9" to 12" graphs is worth a lot more than one with one 10 year old graph, a powerdrive, and no kicker.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:33 AM
Wallhanger

Agreed that NADA isn't worth anything in my area. And the post about the loans is right, but plenty of people are cash buyers.

I have a bit of a hobby of buying/selling boats. I don't think I have ever sold one for anything close to what NADA is. Always considerably more. And the current market is absolutely crazy - usually if I search craigslist and click "search surrounding areas" there are over 2000 boats for sale. Right now that number is about 600 in my area.

Normally I would tell you to do a search and see what similar boats are listed at, but you likely won't find anything. I'm fairly good at giving a realistic value. You could PM me the details if you don't want to post here and I'd be happy to help out.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:49 AM
Wallhanger

Default boat values

RMB,
I've sent you a PM.
Brian
Old 07-03-2020, 10:48 AM
Wallhanger

Go on Facebook and join walleye boats for sale, ton of boats on there of all makes and models, find one similar to yours. A good used boat is always in demand as the price on new walleye boats is going through the roof.
9.9hp Tohatsu kicker
72" MK Ulterra Quest 36v
5 lithium batteries
MK PCL 460
Trollsmarter
3 12" graphs- Lowrance Live,Carbon and Simrad EVO 3
Simrad is40
Lowrance 3d
Airmar tm165hw
Lowrance 3in1
Lenco 4x12 trimtabs
Traxstech 72" tracks, Berts 24" tracks on each gunnel
2 Big Jon Capt packs riggers
Lowrance autopilot
MK 15' Talon
Old 07-03-2020, 09:15 PM
Wallhanger

I believe that NADA has little value for the used boat market due to their inaccurate boat pricing estimation over the years. I chuckle when a potential buyer brings up NADA.

Some people would tell you that all of the optional equipment holds no value but frequently things like electronics have been upgraded already. The classified boat section on Walleye Central is good location to start with. Hopefully you can locate some thing similar to your boat.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:59 AM
Wallhanger

I would agree that NADA is of little value. Although my credit union used it last time I got a loan on a boat.

I look at other boats for sale and hope to find some similar to mine. It seems the last few years sellers are reaching for the stars. I’m a buyers dream...when I decide to sell something I want it gone and price it as such.