Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Saginaw bay shootout - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 03-10-2005, 05:12 PM
Keeper

Default RE: Saginaw bay shootout

I'm confused about when Saginaw Bay is off limits. Is it prior to Tuesday or after? If it's off limits prior to what is the first date that it is off limits?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2005, 05:37 PM
sammy

Hey how about a rule like the PWT has that will eliminate the what was pulled at last years Saginaw Bay RCL League and MWC?

All walleyes must be caught on hook and line. A maximum of two lines per contestant will be allowed where legal with
one lure per line or one rod with two lures.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:54 PM
TheWayOutdoors

I am not familiar with the stunt you refer to. Please send me a private email about this situation at thewayoutdoors@norwaymi.com..... I am not interested in names of the guilty, just the circumstances. Put GLWC in the subject line

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2005, 05:56 PM
TheWayOutdoors

Thank you for your comments; You can be sure that Bo will be addressing your concerns.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Wallhanger

I'm not sure what the particulars were at these events that got under this guy's skin, but the rule he posted reduced the total number of presentations to 2 per angler or 4 per boat/team.

This will elliminate types of 3 way rigs and the use of spreaders. If these are not specified in the rules and are legal in the waters in question, then they are fair game for all that wish to try them.

One that has worked well for me was runnng a 3 way with a spinner and a deep crank. Another that is used often in rivers is a 3 way jig and float. Another aplication of multiple presentations is using a jig as the weight on a drop shot rig.

Running multiple presentation rigs increases the liklihood of tangles and other problems. As I see it, if it is legal and not outlined in the rules as such and one wishes to chance the higher complication rate, then why not let them run multiple rigs.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:36 PM
TheWayOutdoors

Thank you. We will be discussing this one too. We appreciate all input..........
Old 03-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Wallhanger

Please clarify the off limits period for prefishing? Specific dates please?
Thank you,
Steve Carlson
Old 03-10-2005, 11:25 PM
Joe Rossell

Bo,
Give me a call I think I have a lead on a great sponsor. I have been working on it for a while and got some good news today.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:12 AM
puppy

What is up with this organization telling you when you can fish? They are also charging $25 membership fee; you get a decal, ID card, key chain, and your profile on their website. What a great deal! I wish I could sign up for 5 memberships. This looks to me like a way for them to line their pockets with some easy money. At least they could hook up the members with a magazine subscription. I don't think I will be fishing this tourney.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:28 AM
jan mitchel

If $25 bothers you, you really shouldn't be tournament fishing.