Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Want to go Walley or Perch fishing.Wisconsin - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Share A Seat

Old 07-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Minnow

Default Walleye or Perch Fishing

Hi,

I drove up in June as planned but, I ended up driving to Minong and fished flowage a couple of days.

I had to get back to Indiana unexpectedly so my fishing was cut short. I told my wife that I want to drive back up and give it another go. I am not sure if it will be this fall or next spring.

If I have my way, it will be both. Since I first posted on this message board, I discovered Lake Koskonong south of Madison. The reviews lead me to believe it is a good fishing lake.

Anyway, thanks for the reply and maybe we can get together if I drive up.

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2012, 03:45 PM
gschutte

Default Have boat

I live in the Madison area and have a boat but don't have a lot of experience fishing the lakes around here. I have a seat for anyone that knows local lakes.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:42 PM
Wallhanger

This seems to be the hot post for Madison area lakes so I'm tossing in my services as a "take along a free guide" for Lakes Mendota, Monona, & Waubesa, (plus Mud/Interlake, which is the connector between Monona & Waubesa.)
I live on Monona myself.
I don't guarantee anything but an intimate knowledge of the 3 lakes since 1973 & personal tales of past glory on them.

For those of you unacquainted with the Madison chain of lakes, we've hosted the PWT Championship in 1999 and Madison is the home lakes of
(They costs money, I don't. LOL) Gary Engberg and Tony Puccio
Sportsman of the year 1996 In-fisherman Professional Walleye trail
Sportsman of the year 1996 North American Walleye Anglers (only angler to do this in the same year on both circuits.)
13 time Championship qualifier in the PWT and NAWA circuit
3rd place finish 1997 Mercury National Walleye Tournament
4 top ten finishes in the PWT and NAWA tournament circuit
Many featured articles for Walleye Insider , Midwest Outdoors and others
Co-holder Saginaw Bay Record 6 fish limit of 53.50 lbs of monster walleye

Madison is a good place to fish, even if it's not Mille Lacs, with trophy walleye (10# or better) in residence and lately, some outrageously good smallie fishing with 4-5# bass not uncommon.
There are several bass tournaments held here each year, and the WMT has it's kickoff Muskie tournament on opening day in May 2013 here.

My personal best was a 39" Muskie on 2# test.
I assure you, it was a COMPLETE accident - but we managed to boat it even though it ripped right through the landing net & into the bottom of the boat.

I wouldn't call this a Muskie-rich environment but there are some monsters lurking in Mendota's waters.
(Never heard of Bohzo, alternately known as "Messie"? I may have had an encounter with the beastie one early AM.)

The WI State record through the ice Northern Pike came out of Mendota and I was present when it was caught - or rather registered. (49.5" or so.)
I still think they actually caught it the night before and waited for the tournament to start because they had it weighed in by like 5 AM.

Lake-accessible restaurants are available on all 3 but gas is only available on Mendota at the 2 marinas.

I'm more or less retired these days and don't have a lot of outside interests so I'm pretty much available and the only reason I don't go more is it's kinda lonely now that my full-time working son and my disabled wife can't get out with me.
Solitude is alright but it's nicer if you have someone to shoot the breeze with, if ya know what I mean.

Don't much care what you want to fish for or how you want to fish 'em, I'll tailor my knowledge to your preferred fishing style/species.
And like I say, I can't guarantee the fish will cooperate, but if the mood is right, you'll be where they are.

I have no problem picking up my half of the tab either. Least a fella can do when offered a seat in another's boat.

(PS: If it's Walleyes yer after, you better bring along 100' of anchor rope on the primary anchor and at least 50' on the secondary anchor for one of the best spots - or be prepared to use the electric trolling motor a lot on open water. Positioning is crucial.)

Last edited by Anonymouse; 01-20-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 04:50 AM
Charter Member

Anonymouse,
If I were you, I'd copy & paste your posting in the Share a seat forum https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums...splay.php?f=31 with the title mentioning the Madison WI chain.

HRG
Old 01-23-2013, 03:44 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
Anonymouse,
If I were you, I'd copy & paste your posting in the Share a seat forum https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums...splay.php?f=31 with the title mentioning the Madison WI chain.

HRG
I ain't sharing a seat. No longer have a seat to share now that the Celebrity 210 is history.
Ain't begging for rides either.
I like to help and teaching is a part of that, if someone wants to learn about these lakes, I can go along to give a 1st hand lesson.
I honestly don't know a better way to teach a lake(s) than to do it live.

I saw the yung'uns here saying they wanted to learn about Madison, so I offered my knowledge.
Always been more a word of mouth kinda guy than an advertising one anyway.
I made a good living that way.