Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Are you concerned fishing out of state right now?(Boneyard) - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 10-12-2020, 09:02 AM
Wallhanger

The current situation in Wisconsin would not dissuade me from going. I don't have any complicating conditions so I feel the odds are in my favor versus isolating. Been fishing in NC, OH, MI, and IN since start of summer and have had no issues. Have resumed normal activities as much as possible. That has included air travel and staying in hotels. These industries are motivated to follow safety protocols and seem to be ok for people who want to take the risk. If you travel by car you have more control over your environment and can do what you think is necessary to put the odds in your favor. As other have mentioned it is a personal decision based on your particular circumstances and risk tolerance. Follow your intuition and common sense to select procedures and outdoor activities that you feel moderate the risk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2020, 03:25 PM
Keeper

I’m high risk too. I travel in my truck camper and pack my own food and water, so only need to stop for gas. No problems at all. Plus. I’m going to be outside, away from people. I have N95 masks and nitrile gloves for when I need to get fuel or interact with anybody, so likewise, no problems at all.
Old 10-14-2020, 06:01 PM
Wallhanger

I just got back from Leech Lake for a week and so glad to be fishing. I like the New Hampshire license plates of “Live free or die”. F the COVID-19 and roll the dice, but that’s my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2020, 07:26 AM
Keeper

I would have no problem going out of state to fish. I made two trips to Erie this year. Wasn't worried a bit. In my opinion the more you isolate the weaker your overall immune system will become. My fish finders give more accurate information than the media does these days so that's what I'd rather be watching.
Ulterra Linked with
Helix 12 and 10 Mega
Old 10-15-2020, 08:02 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=goosechaser;6492018 My fish finders give more accurate information than the media does these days so that's what I'd rather be watching.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="5"][B]I LIKE that statement ! ! ![/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 10-15-2020, 08:58 AM
Wallhanger

I never realized how may medical experts we had on WC! Like everything else these days most of the info we get is politicized. The best I can understand is, very few masks give any protection at all. N95's are pretty good if you don't keep touching them.(the ones the professionals get) with no valve. If you are healthy and or young you probably wont die from Covid 19. The more you are close to people the better chance you can get infected and infect others.
If you are not worried about it whatsoever, good luck to you and others who get close to you who are at high risk. JMO Bob
Old 10-15-2020, 09:34 AM
Wallhanger

If you are are afraid of it, stay home and isolate. If you would rather live the life you are given, get out and do it. I’ve done many fishing trips and a couple hunting trips. I don’t know where you could go or what you could that would be any safer than fishing and hunting.

I also think they have come a long way in dealing with it. I know many people in their 80s and one person that was 103 that have had it recently and they were all pretty much in and out of the hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2020, 09:41 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=WallyWarrior;6492076]If you are are afraid of it, stay home and isolate. If you would rather live the life you are given, get out and do it. I’ve done many fishing trips and a couple hunting trips. I don’t know where you could go or what you could that would be any safer than fishing and hunting.

I also think they have come a long way in dealing with it. I know many people in their 80s and one person that was 103 that have had it recently and they were all pretty much in and out of the hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]I already stated I have not left town in 9 months. I stated my reasons, we all have to make that determination for themselves. My last post was to mention there are people who are not worried and some think "doing all the covid things" keeps them safe. It does not. It also does not protect others that contact the invulnerable. Bob
Old 10-15-2020, 10:37 AM
Wallhanger

This year I've gone on two fishing trips to Minnesota, one spring trip and a fall trip to Leech. I commend the two resorts we stayed at for doing a good job of sanitizing the cabins and for the new rules they implemented to reduce the risk. The rules were just common sense stuff like text them when we arrived as the cabin was ready and unlocked. The only real exposure we had was stopping for gas & at the bait shop but they did a good job enforcing their rules and we felt comfortable going in. We spent a night at a Wisconsin hotel but they also did a good job with enforcing their rules. Unless there's a total lock down we're going back to Minnesota this spring & maybe Canada in the fall if they open up. I'm around a lot more people at work than on a fishing trip.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:34 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Bobby Winds;6492036][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="5"][B]I LIKE that statement ! ! ![/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I second that !!!!!!!!
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes