Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund tyee transom problems - Page 5 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 01-14-2021, 06:56 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wentworth6 View Post
Hello
I’m thinking of upgrading to a tyee and have a few questions if you can help
Due the new cost I’m unable to go that route. But. 2012 to a 2016 is my budget. Am I looking past the years of issues with transoms. Should I save 2 more years and buy a new one or a 2019 or 2020. Just don’t want to sense a lot and regret it in a few years. Boat will,be in the water 5 months a year at a dock. Thanks for any advice you can give me.
No qualms buying a Tyee after 2012.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2021, 08:15 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherdoc View Post
No qualms buying a Tyee after 2012.
What are you basing that on?
Old 01-14-2021, 08:19 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welder guy View Post
So I should pass on looking at a 2016 tyee??
After owning two Lunds- a 1987 18.5 ft Tyee and a 1987 20.5 Baron, I wouldn't hesitate getting a 2016 Tyee.

In fact I just bought a new boat , and even though I went a non-conventional route, the Tyee was a top consideration of mine in aluminum deep v models- the other being a Thunderjet.
9.9hp Tohatsu kicker
72" MK Ulterra Quest 36v
5 lithium batteries
MK PCL 460
Trollsmarter
3 12" graphs- Lowrance Live,Carbon and Simrad EVO 3
Simrad is40
Lowrance 3d
Airmar tm165hw
Lowrance 3in1
Lenco 4x12 trimtabs
Traxstech 72" tracks, Berts 24" tracks on each gunnel
2 Big Jon Capt packs riggers
Lowrance autopilot
MK 15' Talon
Old 01-15-2021, 04:11 PM
Minnow

Default Thanks for all the posts

Thank you for all the posts. The theme is not all boats have issues and if u do get one for several thousand it’s fixed for good with a new transom. I’m good with that.hindsight is 2020. And they could have done it right years ago but did not. I had a center console Starcraft years ago. Floor rotted in 3 years. Had a 10year warranty and they fixed it. Sometimes I feel like saving for a kingfisher all welded brute of a boat in their falcon line . Same price as a new Lund . Almost twice the thickness all welded windshield support. Reall good review on kingfisher on walleye central done a while back . But I love driving a Lund. Thanks again
Old 01-19-2021, 08:24 AM
Minnow

I have a 2004 Lund explorer with a Yamaha 75. Have never kept it in the water for any period of a time and never had an issue. Have had some 17 plus boats over the years and have never had a problem with transoms . I think a lot of problems come from mountings below the water line and not using the proper sealant our water in the bilge for long periods of time. If your buying an older boat and have concerns with the transom have a moisture test done and look at the fittings and seals. I might be wrong but I think 90 percent of fishing boats are kept on a trailer. Only my opinion.