Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Rod storage 2019 1890 Warrior - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 01-29-2020, 11:33 AM
Minnow

Default Rod storage 2019 1890 Warrior

I bought a new 1890 Warrior last fall, love the boat! My only issue is rod storage, the center rod storage doesn't have individual tubes to hold the rods, so when you get a couple of rods in there, they get tangled. I bought rod sleeves that helps, just wondering if there is an after market rod holder for this boat that anyone has seen? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2020, 01:45 PM
Charter Member

Many folks who have purchase a boat with built in rod sleeves, remove them on the first day that they own the boat.

The center storage of a boat with no rod positions can carry about 1/2 the number of rods that has 0 fixed rod locations.
Folks simply put the rods in rod sacks and put them in the locker.

Another thing to do, that many folks practice all of the time and that is to take the free line and wrap it around the rod about 3 times and then hook the line over a guide. The line looping captures all of the semi free line on the rod and makes it a nice compact package.

Many many folks fish crank baits using snaps on the end of their line to hook on the baits. So, it is a simple matter to unsnap the bait from the line, hook the snap in the hook keeper and then there is no lure with hooks in the rod storage to get hung up on other things. It takes under 5 seconds to put a bait on a line that has a snap on the end of the line.

So, to answer your question, many many folks much prefer the rod storage to have no rod separating compartments, holes or cubbies to hold rods because it effectively reduces the number of rods that may be stored in the storage area.

Take care
Old 01-29-2020, 02:08 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Many folks who have purchase a boat with built in rod sleeves, remove them on the first day that they own the boat.

The center storage of a boat with no rod positions can carry about 1/2 the number of rods that has 0 fixed rod locations.
Folks simply put the rods in rod sacks and put them in the locker.

Another thing to do, that many folks practice all of the time and that is to take the free line and wrap it around the rod about 3 times and then hook the line over a guide. The line looping captures all of the semi free line on the rod and makes it a nice compact package.

Many many folks fish crank baits using snaps on the end of their line to hook on the baits. So, it is a simple matter to unsnap the bait from the line, hook the snap in the hook keeper and then there is no lure with hooks in the rod storage to get hung up on other things. It takes under 5 seconds to put a bait on a line that has a snap on the end of the line.

So, to answer your question, many many folks much prefer the rod storage to have no rod separating compartments, holes or cubbies to hold rods because it effectively reduces the number of rods that may be stored in the storage area.

Take care
I agree. Mine has the rod slots. I'm taking them out. I know I could fit at least twice the rods in there without them. Rod socks and a snap swivel is all I need.
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2020, 02:29 PM
Keeper

Default pm sent

pm sent for info. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2020, 06:44 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG1 View Post
pm sent for info. Thanks.
How do they still get tangled if you're using socks? I can run all my muskie and walleye rods in the center locker of my 1890 and nothing tangles. Take advantage of the storage shelves too. I think you'll be seriously disappointed by putting tubes in.
Old 01-30-2020, 06:08 AM
Keeper

Default ??

Curious why I was quoted? My PM to the OP had nothing to do with rod tubes??
Old 01-30-2020, 06:54 AM
Keeper

Whoops, my bad. Sorry about that.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:01 AM
Slot Fish

That is one thing that would keep me away from one of the new Ranger Multispecies boats, the tubes are installed and then foamed in. I personally can't stand the tubes, I use rod sleeve for everything. Every rod I own has a sleeve, protects the guides better than anything else ever could. Keeps them from getting tangled up. I have an older 681VS with a 9'-6" rod locker and I can have everything from my big muskie sticks all the way down to panfish gear in there and pretty quick like retrieve whichever rod I choose out of the box without it being tangled up. I normally have 16-25 rods in that box.

https://live.staticflickr.com/1856/4...9ed51fcf_c.jpg
Old 01-30-2020, 04:41 PM
Keeper

Just wondering...I thought perhaps I said something I shouldn’t have. With a wife, 3 daughters, & 3 sister-in-law laws, I’m always doing that. I’m relieved. Have a great winter guys.