Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Warrior boats - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 02-06-2020, 06:15 AM
Minnow

Just adding a late addition to the Warrior band wagon. I have a 203 and it works perfectly for how we normally fish and handles LOW extremely well. I have also spent time fishing out of a 193 with the same results. The only boat I would trade mine for is a 208. I know some guys do not like the jump seats but there are times I could use them. Good luck in your search and enjoy the process. Not many things more fun than shopping for a new boat!
t
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2020, 06:17 AM
Slot Fish

I was looking for a new boat a few years ago. Did the shows and looked at lots of brands. The Warrior V203 is everything I was looking for and more. On flat calm water other boats are certainly faster but give me a nasty chop and I will beat everyone. Great ride, great layout. I stll say that I enjoy it more everytime out.

Good luck!
Old 02-06-2020, 09:46 AM
Slot Fish

Kind of a silly question for you Warrior guys but here goes.

Im 6'7", 320 and room behind the wheel is an issue for me in some boats. In my current Lund 189 GL it was kinda of tight until I used a set back plate in combo with my Wave Pro seat and that gives me much improved room.

When I look at Warrior I see the Console is basically flush top to bottom and steering wheel sticks out from there....and then your feet don't slide under the console like a Ranger or Lund or most others...

If my description makes sense...seems like that alone might create a little less room between the driver and the wheel. Anyone that own a Warrior get what Im saying? Does anyone feel like they have less room or miss not having their feel/legs go under the console with a Warrior?
9.9 Pro Kicker
Ultera 112 w/iPilot Link
HB Solix 12
HB Helix 10 MDI
Old 02-06-2020, 10:22 AM
Keeper

Default condisering...

I'm in the market for a 19' class glass boat and am considering Warrior's 193, 198 and 1898 . Unfortunately, my local OH dealer hasn't had a 193 or 1898 in stock for some time, and I'm **** sure not willing to drop that $ without riding in one. The 198 may be just a few $ too much.

So, I'm also considering the Ranger 1880 and Yarcraft 186. I hear MANY great things about how dry Yarcraft and have a test scheduled for early this spring.

I attended the Novi MI show specifically to see the Warrior 1898 and 193, but none were present (only 198). Same with Yarcraft….only larger models were shown - I was somewhat disappointed.

I welcome reading the input on this thread and would also welcome any additional thoughts on my process.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:24 AM
Slot Fish

I am 6' 3" and have long legs. I do not have any problem fitting between the seat and the console. The steering wheel is adjustable to give you the option to move it to a comfortable angle.

I would suggest getting in one and seeing how it feels.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:51 AM
Minnow

This crossed my mind when I bought mine too but no issue. I got the upgraded seats on the Wave pro pedestals, very comfy.

I bought and paid for my Warrior long before I ever saw or sat in one.

I can say I am very happy with my choice.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:54 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethomps View Post
Kind of a silly question for you Warrior guys but here goes.

Im 6'7", 320 and room behind the wheel is an issue for me in some boats. In my current Lund 189 GL it was kinda of tight until I used a set back plate in combo with my Wave Pro seat and that gives me much improved room.

When I look at Warrior I see the Console is basically flush top to bottom and steering wheel sticks out from there....and then your feet don't slide under the console like a Ranger or Lund or most others...

If my description makes sense...seems like that alone might create a little less room between the driver and the wheel. Anyone that own a Warrior get what Im saying? Does anyone feel like they have less room or miss not having their feel/legs go under the console with a Warrior?
Not silly at all, I totally get where you're coming from and you aren't the first to wonder about it.

I'm 5'10", so absolutely no issue for me. I've got several buddies I've fished with that are 6'2" to 6'3", and it's never been an issue for them.

There's a lot of adjustability in the steering wheel, and the seats are on sliders, so there's 6-7" of forward/backward adjustment. Will you be able to sit with your legs stretched out straight directly in front of you? Nope, but you will be able to sit comfortably with your knees bent, your feet flat on the floor, and still be able to look through the windshield, and that's where you want to be when running rough water. When I'm just cruising or trolling, I rotate my seat a little and use the center step between the consoles as a footrest. Combine that with the reclining captains chair and it's like being in a lazy boy, life is good lol.

I'd be surprised if it was an issue for you, but you'll never know until you try it for yourself.

Waxy
Old 02-06-2020, 10:55 AM
Minnow

Mike-I had a Yarcraft 186 fxs before I went to the Warrior 203. They do not make the fxs anymore. It had much more room in the cockpit than the tfx. It was a great boat. Dry and great riding also. My experience running the warrior 193 was similar. My feeling would be that either would be a great choice. Hopefully you will get a chance to get your hands on one for comparison. As per leg room with the Warrior. I have smooth move seats with the sliding seat base and it works well. Using the set back mount should give you plenty of room. I do not find the lack of foot room a noticeable problem. I was worried about that also. The Yarcraft I had, had a lot of foot space although all the current Yarcraft models I have seen have the console straight down also
Old 02-06-2020, 11:43 AM
Keeper

Default thanks.

Thanks for taking the time to respond TX...much appreciated.
Old 02-06-2020, 11:59 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG1 View Post
I'm in the market for a 19' class glass boat and am considering Warrior's 193, 198 and 1898 . Unfortunately, my local OH dealer hasn't had a 193 or 1898 in stock for some time, and I'm **** sure not willing to drop that $ without riding in one. The 198 may be just a few $ too much.

So, I'm also considering the Ranger 1880 and Yarcraft 186. I hear MANY great things about how dry Yarcraft and have a test scheduled for early this spring.

I attended the Novi MI show specifically to see the Warrior 1898 and 193, but none were present (only 198). Same with Yarcraft….only larger models were shown - I was somewhat disappointed.

I welcome reading the input on this thread and would also welcome any additional thoughts on my process.
The overall layout and interior design between the 198 and 193 are pretty similar, the big differences are the 193 has the raised baitwell/cooler in the bow, windshield set further forward, and no jump seats. They will ride very similar as well because the hull is essentially identical. The 198 will likely ride slightly better due to the consoles being a little further back, but if you can get a ride in a 198, that's going to give you a very good idea of how the 193 will ride and handle as well.

I'm not sure where you're located, but I'm sure if you contact Warrior and you're willing to drive a little, they'll be able to setup a test ride for you.

Waxy