Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Starweld fusion 20 pro or starweld victory 20 welded or riveted yes or no what’s best - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-24-2021, 06:48 AM
Wallhanger

Many boats are welded, like crestliners, lowe, tracker, etc etc and they float well. Today, it's not a elon musk technology challenge, but accepted manufacturing method. You will read about occasional cracks and old tracker troubles and you will read about leaking rivets. Riveted boats are well proven too. There will always be boat beaters and a few manufacture defects.

If my chosen budget would have been 50‰ greater at 60k or more, i would have a better, fancier boat, but still be safely catching the same walleye on lake Erie chop about 20 times per year.

Test driving the boat is smart for many reasons but can be a challenge especially with covid availability issues. Like amazon reviews, beware.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2021, 11:03 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleye2487! View Post
I can’t afford a Lund is way to expensive especially when I want a 19-20 ft no smaller
Does it have to be new?

Have you looked into what’s available on the used market in your price range?

There’s a whole lotta options out there, and with a little patience and some luck, you might find yourself in a much better boat, likely fully rigged, for the same or less money. Yeah, quality used boats are expensive, but there’s a reason for that. Much the same reason that cheap boats are cheap…

Waxy
Old 09-24-2021, 11:13 AM
Slot Fish

Waxy Kinda have looked at used boats and I definitely noticed that I could get a used boat already equipped with all I want for sure ive just always wanted new so I would have warranty for a while and not worry about paying for work to be done to it if needed. Older boats seems like I’m putting money into it . But then again I guess that’s why they say bust out another thousand lol.
Old 09-24-2021, 11:25 AM
Wallhanger

On my 2012 Lund 1625 XL SS, the flip down rear seat is the best feature on the boat, when down it is a large carpeted casting deck with a pedestal base. When up it is a 2 seat bench (with 2 cup holders) and doubles capacity from 2 to 4 persons. I think its a great feature to have on any boat !
Old 09-25-2021, 08:08 AM
Minnow

Buy the 20 pro fusion starweld. It's a great boat for the money. Mine is a 2017. I fish saginaw Bay an lake huron. I have a 150 mercury, with just myself in the boat, I've hit 49.5mph on the GPS. Mine had a slight list to port while under power. I added a kicker to the starboard side an It's gone now.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:13 AM
Minnow

I like the high transom of the starweld on lake huron. Lund builds a good boat, not sure if it's worth the extra money.
Old 09-26-2021, 02:42 PM
Wallhanger

I would have no problem buying another Starweld. I currently have a 18 Pro. This boat is so much more boat than my Alumacraft Competitor 165 was….

I fish Lake Erie almost exclusively and really like the high sides and splash well of the Starweld.

I am in the process of upgrading to another boat…..it will not be a boat brand popular on this site but I am going to buy what fits my situation and that is what I would recommend you do as well.
Old 09-26-2021, 08:12 PM
Minnow

You don't need to spend a pile of money, an have 300-400hp to catch walleye. My neighbor has a 1977 starcraft with a 70hp evinrude. That boat has caught a ton of saginaw bay walleye.
Old 09-26-2021, 08:19 PM
Slot Fish

I never said I wanted to spend a pile of money I just don’t want to deal with used and repairs within the first few months /year . A new boat at least has warranty
Old 09-27-2021, 04:47 AM
Minnow

The point I was trying to make, is you don't need a Lund to catch walleye. Buy the boat you like, an can afford. I think you will be happy with the starweld. I recommend the high transom boat. I bought mine at Augres Marine.