Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Side Imaging Left side Helix 10 - Page 5 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 10-19-2019, 05:22 PM
Wallhanger

bb, It's been a month since this started. Getting down to basics is needed and start fresh. Like Reddog said unplug all "Y" cables and see what you have for a problem. If the left side has no return,put the other SI transducer on and if it also has no left side your unit is either bad or something is messed up in software or setup. Tell HB what you have found out and they can fix it. Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2019, 03:53 PM
Wallhanger

bb, I have a 219 with the same step as you have. My transducer is mounted exactly in the same place as the picture you posted...under the step and in the center. The reason I put it there is a friend who is on his 5th 219 reccommended I put it there as that is where his dealer has installed it on all 5 of his boats. It works great with no interference up to about 7mph. I also have a aluminum tiller with the transducer mounted 15" to the side of the motor as reccommended by HB and it works great also but up to 37mph....fastest I can go. I noticed it read at that speed this summer when I was pulling my grandkids on a tube and saw the locator was on SI. Pretty cool as I saw some cribs. Later I went back and putted around and marked 12 of them. That was 4th of July week. This past Saturday I went back to the cribs and caught 9 eyes including a 25"& 26". I have had property on the lake for 29 years and did not know the cribs were there until my "tubing expedidition". I have also marked some cribs on a flowage after seeing them at speed and turning back to investigate and mark...Pretty incredible stuff we have to help us fish these days....PS if you move the ducer below the step make sure you counter sink the holes as that gel likes to flake!!
Old 11-10-2019, 10:38 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter8 View Post
bb, I have a 219 with the same step as you have. My transducer is mounted exactly in the same place as the picture you posted...under the step and in the center. The reason I put it there is a friend who is on his 5th 219 reccommended I put it there as that is where his dealer has installed it on all 5 of his boats. It works great with no interference up to about 7mph. I also have a aluminum tiller with the transducer mounted 15" to the side of the motor as reccommended by HB and it works great also but up to 37mph....fastest I can go. I noticed it read at that speed this summer when I was pulling my grandkids on a tube and saw the locator was on SI. Pretty cool as I saw some cribs. Later I went back and putted around and marked 12 of them. That was 4th of July week. This past Saturday I went back to the cribs and caught 9 eyes including a 25"& 26". I have had property on the lake for 29 years and did not know the cribs were there until my "tubing expedidition". I have also marked some cribs on a flowage after seeing them at speed and turning back to investigate and mark...Pretty incredible stuff we have to help us fish these days....PS if you move the ducer below the step make sure you counter sink the holes as that gel likes to flake!!

thanks for the info, i installed left transducer rather than moving it but still does not work.
15 Talon
Ultera
Humminbird Helix X 2
Old 11-10-2019, 10:39 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Bob View Post
bb, It's been a month since this started. Getting down to basics is needed and start fresh. Like Reddog said unplug all "Y" cables and see what you have for a problem. If the left side has no return,put the other SI transducer on and if it also has no left side your unit is either bad or something is messed up in software or setup. Tell HB what you have found out and they can fix it. Bob

Replaced all cables, have not been able to get on water to test after that. fingers crossed.
15 Talon
Ultera
Humminbird Helix X 2