04-01-2019, 02:29 PM
Join Date: Dec 2012
Lake of the Woods Fishing Report | 4.1.2019
- Good*walleye and pike reports for the last week of March.*
- The last day to leave fish houses on the lake overnight unattended was March 31.*
- Some anglers still ice fishing with collapsible houses.*
- Pike action still hot and pre-spawn fish have the feedbag on.* 12' hot depth with live sucker minnows or deadbait on quick strike rigs.*
- Walleyes open through April 14, pike season open continuous.**Auger extensions needed.
- It's game on for open water walleye and sturgeon fishing.**
- Boat ramps at Birchdale and Frontier open.
- More open water on river daily.*Big fish being caught.*
- Jigging with a minnow or plastic working well.*
- Some trolling crankbaits with success.**
- Lots of sturgeon.* Remember, catch and release only for walleyes through April 14.
- Catch and release for sturgeon through April 23rd with the keep season starting April 24th.
- A few anglers still ice fishing.*
- Walleyes*coming from 14-22'.*
- Saugers and jumbo perch mixed in.* Some big pike being caught as well.*
- This time of year, call ahead to resort for daily info and ice conditions.