Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Driest Riding Boat: Multispecies Options - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 10-18-2019, 05:01 PM
Charter Member

If you haven't looked: Check out the video.

https://warriorboatsinc.com/v208/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2019, 09:18 PM
Wallhanger

Why not a Yar-Craft 219TFX. Excellent ride, dry, and a pretty big bow and one of the best rear decks with the deck extending all the way to the transom.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:41 AM
Minnow

This has been such an informative thread. As I've been looking and researching the boats the bow design and layout is really important to me so I can still fish smallmouth on the Great Lakes. The Warrior and Yar-Craft bow design is just not on par with Skeeter, Ranger or Triton. I love the rod tubes offered by those three manufacturers, and the flat front deck (with padding). As for YarCraft, I see BassCat all over them: great performance, excellent fit/finish, performance minded, great trailers, but with inferior interior design elements compared to the competition. Case in point a flat wall below the helm requiring a door to be removed for leg room while driving. I'm 6'3" and having to stick my legs in a console hole every time I drive seems like a miss for a high end boat. The console rod tubes in the bow seem trivial but are a big deal for casting off the bow.

Thanks again for the all the feedback. Any comments on the ride and performance of the 620/621, 206 Fishunter/Allure or Skeeter WX2060 is always greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2019, 03:03 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish View Post
This has been such an informative thread. As I've been looking and researching the boats the bow design and layout is really important to me so I can still fish smallmouth on the Great Lakes. The Warrior and Yar-Craft bow design is just not on par with Skeeter, Ranger or Triton. I love the rod tubes offered by those three manufacturers, and the flat front deck (with padding). As for YarCraft, I see BassCat all over them: great performance, excellent fit/finish, performance minded, great trailers, but with inferior interior design elements compared to the competition. Case in point a flat wall below the helm requiring a door to be removed for leg room while driving. I'm 6'3" and having to stick my legs in a console hole every time I drive seems like a miss for a high end boat. The console rod tubes in the bow seem trivial but are a big deal for casting off the bow.

Thanks again for the all the feedback. Any comments on the ride and performance of the 620/621, 206 Fishunter/Allure or Skeeter WX2060 is always greatly appreciated.
Just a note that you might want to look at the new 2020 Yar-Craft 219TFX as each of your notes above have been addressed. The front deck has been raised which has enlarged it, the raised bait well has been removed, padded sea-deck flooring has replaced all of the carpeted surfaces, recessed/tube type rod tip holders have been added at the front of the bow deck (you can have them add rod buckles if you so desire), and the dash layout has been redesigned so that your legs can now extend below the dash. I pike fish a lot and really enjoy the front and rear decks on the old model (2018) 219TFX. My only complaint is there really isn't a great place for a 9 ft rod when running between spots with the exception of the rod locker (which it indeed fits).
Old 10-24-2019, 07:24 PM
Slot Fish

Love my 621. I cast a lot and the front deck space is awesome. As mentioned before there are cutouts so you can fit rods on the deck and the straps are standard. I also bought the removable rear deck which is really sweet if 2 people are casting. I can’t say the ride is better than others as I haven’t fished in others, but I think it rides and handles awesome. Only got it this past May, but haven’t been wet yet and I fish Sakakawea. Not Erie but we have plenty of wind. Skeeter was high on my list as well but I like the rod tubes as opposed to just a hole in the floor. Just my preference. For me, no complaints.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:11 PM
Slot Fish

Lund 202 and 219 are dryer than Ranger all day long is what i found.
15’ Talon
Ultera
Humminbird Helix X 2
Old 10-25-2019, 09:15 PM
Charter Member

If you really want to stay dry........ stay home.

Any and all boats [and ships] will get you wet in the right (wrong) conditions.

But your best bet would be to go big and go deep.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:18 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kliph View Post
If you really want to stay dry........ stay home.

Any and all boats [and ships] will get you wet in the right (wrong) conditions.

But your best bet would be to go big and go deep.
There are lots of good options and appreciate the topic. I have a Lund ProV 2075 and it is generally dry. I also have a top to connect to the windshield when coming home or going out is bad. That said, I am switching brides to the new Ranger FS 622 in January and hope it is as dry with some other important newer advancements.
225 hp and 20 hp Honda’s
12 & 10 Helix
112 Ulterra
Old 11-02-2019, 02:17 PM
Minnow

[QUOTE=kliph;6366800]If you really want to stay dry........ stay home.

Ugh.... Without question there are hulls that will provide a drier ride than others in similar conditions, thus the reason for the post and request for comments from actual owners. For the price of a new glass multi-species boat a dry ride in typical big water conditions isn't too much to ask.

For example will a Ranger 620FS, or Triton 206 Fishunter or Skeeter WX2060 be a wet ride rough ride in 2-3ft waves (assuming sensible speed with a knowledgeable driver)? On average this is the basis of my inquiry. When the waves grow to 4'+ I typically will skip the trip. I've been in large waves on Lake MI, Erie and Huron in bigger boats so it was dry but very rough, especially trying to land fish on down riggers.
Old 11-02-2019, 11:41 PM
Charter Member

Most people don't go out in waves over 3 ft.
Oh, the boat can handle it but the people can't.
Unless you have a longer boat.

But there will be a point where it won't matter.

People in the Navy and on cruise ships get sea sick, seen it.