Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2019 ZV21 with a 250 v8 verado?? - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 11-10-2019, 04:58 PM
Wallhanger

Curious, do the new merc v8s tune up the same as s Verado with nothing more than a programmer? The old L6 Verado’s were pretty easy to add lots of power with a programmer much like any forced induction engine, curious if the N/A V8 responds the same?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2019, 10:53 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLE View Post
Curious, do the new merc v8s tune up the same as s Verado with nothing more than a programmer? The old L6 Verado’s were pretty easy to add lots of power with a programmer much like any forced induction engine, curious if the N/A V8 responds the same?
Yes to a certain point.

Simons Motorsport can squeeze 325 hp out of those V8, tune only.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:43 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by benltr View Post
Yes to a certain point.

Simons Motorsport can squeeze 325 hp out of those V8, tune only.
Yeah and they were getting 345 out of the L6 Verado if I remember correctly. If I end up repowering I will buy the interface kit so I can tune it myself. If I sell my boat and buy a new one I will probably still buy the interface kit and tune for whatever I buy.

2015 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab
2015 Nitro ZV18
200hp Optimax
15hp EFI Mercury Pro Kicker
Lowrance electronics
HDS9, HDS7, HDS7, Elite 5
MinnKota Terrova 112
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2019, 01:12 PM
Minnow

Default Zv21

Quote:
Originally Posted by egladding View Post
I am considering buying a leftover 2019 zv21 with a 250 v8 verado. Does anyone have any experience with this boat/motor combination? Did you wish you would have bought more hp?
It has a bravo 1 prop upgrade. They are offering 4500 off right now so with 4k in upgrades and the rebate the boat is around 56k. I think the website says 53-57mph with this motor. My zv18 runs 47-51 so it looks like speed would be an improvement but I really want the extra 3ft in length and the extra storage. I would love one with max hp but I fish a few bass tournaments and I am limited to 250hp and I can't afford 2 decked out fishing boats. Anyway, i appreciate anyone's input.

I presently own a 2017 ZV21 with a 250hp L6 Verado and Bobs hydraulic jack plate. No regrets with this setup. 54mph top end, and maybe a little more with some additional tweeking. Very rarely do the conditions allow me to open her up. So im satisfied with the performance.

Would I enjoy another 100 ponies...?**** yaa. But she fishes fishes great, and im happy.

Good luck with selling your 18'