Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Type of Butt seat - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 10-31-2019, 12:27 PM
Wallhanger

Default Type of Butt seat

Kind of working off of the other post I hate the bicycle type butt seat but have not a chance to try any of the others offered out there, I have more of a tendency to lean versus actually sit on the seat. What have you used likes and dislikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2019, 01:00 PM
Minnow

I have a springfield control post. the only thing I don't like about it is that the seat can rotate around very easily. I would prefer it had a little friction so it would stay in place. Sometimes if i step away from it, to do a figure 8 for instance, it will rotate around (due to wind etc). Minor complaint.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:32 PM
Wallhanger

I use a Springfield pedestal that has a manual height adjustment and a taperlock base. I didn't need a hydraulic adjustment since I'm the only one that uses it. It has a tension knob to lock it from spinning or to give it any amount of tension needed so it won't spin too easily. The taperlock releases easily so that I can easily remove it and lay it on the deck if I'm making a long run and want it out of my line of sight. I got the seat at Cabelas. Spin it forward, it's for seating. Spun,
around, it's good for leaning, which I generally do when fishing on the front deck.

andersaki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2019, 06:01 PM
Wallhanger

Default Recommend the "Springfield" displayed by Billebob5

Tom P.: I have the "Springfield" style of seat in my Pro-V. And it lends itself to leaning
against it vs being a comfortable sitting style. Two things
to consider has been mentioned, that I would alert U to: #1. Be sure U
have the proper "Base" for the Springfield to fit into. #2. And yes the seat of the
Springfield can rotate on U as you lean against it for support. You will be able to see
my seat in the enclosed photo. I personally like that the seat can be raised to
various heights for support while casting! Set the Hook, CRJohn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	016_16 (Small).JPG
Views:	60
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	313696  
My Ride: 2001/1800 Lund Pro-V, '17/Honda 90hp V-Tech Tiller, 82# Bow Mount MtrGuide, LCX104c, LCX19c, LCX27c, Dual Pro Charger w/eng. assist, Ram Mounts & Holders, Wave Whackers, Clarion Sirrus Sat. Radio & Shorelander Roller Trailer on Lake of the Woods.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:12 AM
Minnow

I recently replaced my helm seat with a Millenium Pro mounted on a Springfield U-styled spring and it works great. A large number of the local pros down here in ETN are now using the Millenium long u- shaped fishing seat and sweat by it. Since the helm chair is so comfortable that is my next boat purchase because if offers you options on the front deck; lean, sit or straddle.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:26 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I recently replaced my helm seat with a Millenium Pro mounted on a Springfield U-styled spring and it works great. A large number of the local pros down here in ETN are now using the Millenium long u- shaped fishing seat and sweat by it. Since the helm chair is so comfortable that is my next boat purchase because if offers you options on the front deck; lean, sit or straddle.

Did a search around the internet for reviews even the information they put out about this seat is lacking. One sight said it folded for storage but no mention on there web site, have to keep doing some checking.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:58 PM
Minnow

Tom,
I was referring to the Millenium B300. Enter Millenium B300 reviews and read away. I have yet to see a bad review.
Randy
Old 11-01-2019, 07:30 PM
Keeper

https://www.bassboatseats.com/collec...sit-down-seats

this is the seat i got, good price and very nice construction, awesome padding, one side you can sit on and the other is great for leaning on. price isnt bad either,
Old 11-01-2019, 08:04 PM
Minnow

Tom,
Here is the link to the helm seat I installed https://youtu.be/PZUALFUPKzo. I fragmented a disc between L3 & L4 a number of years ago and I had reached a point of find a great seat or sell everything. My friend Jason of Bucks N Bass in Dandridge, TN recommended the Millenium Pro and he does not carry them. Between the Millenium Pro, Springfield spring and the Nauticus ProTrollers my 16.5 now rides as good or better than any 19 boat on the water. I am so impressed that the Millenium B300 will most likely be on the bow pedestal come spring. Hammer B300 reviews in to your search engine and you will find what you are looking for. I have yet to hear anyone around here that uses the B300 say anything negative about the seat.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:10 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canga~ View Post
https://www.bassboatseats.com/collec...sit-down-seats

this is the seat i got, good price and very nice construction, awesome padding, one side you can sit on and the other is great for leaning on. price isnt bad either,
i have this one as well from bassboatseats.com Best seat i've ever used !