Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ratheon GPS/mapping - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Walleye Boats and Motors

Old 03-13-2000, 06:12 AM
Minnow

Default Ratheon GPS/mapping

Would like to hear from someone who has experience or knowledge of this company's units.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2000, 07:01 AM
Terry/JNR

Default RE: Ratheon GPS/mapping

I've decided to run all Raytheon myself in my new Tuffy. I'll be installing the 750L graph w/side scan, the 420D chart plotter and the Ray 45 VHF radio. I don't change products with out finding out about them. I talked to several salesman that sell Raytheon and I'm a Member of the North Shore Charter Captains Assosiation and the guys running Ratheon havn't had any problems with them and no one could remember anyone else that has. Everyone seems to agree that Raytheon makes a quality product. it's not much, but it might help.
Old 03-13-2000, 07:02 AM
Terry/JNR

I've decided to run all Raytheon myself in my new Tuffy. I'll be installing the 750L graph w/side scan, the 420D chart plotter and the Ray 45 VHF radio. I don't change products with out finding out about them. I talked to several salesman that sell Raytheon and I'm a Member of the North Shore Charter Captains Assosiation and the guys running Ratheon havn't had any problems with them and no one could remember anyone else that has. Everyone seems to agree that Raytheon makes a quality product. It's not much, but it might help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2000, 07:18 AM
Capt. Doug Schreiber

N.D.
I used a Raytheon L750 and a RC520 last year and was very pleased with their products. I had my first year of problem free electronics. The units are easy to use, have alot of power and excellent resolution. What I liked best is that when I had a question about rigging I was able to speak to a tech almost right away everytime, even on monday. This year I will be rigging both my new Triton 205 and my 32 foot charter boat with new Raytheon, from radar to radios. Good Luck, Doug
Old 03-13-2000, 10:35 PM
Minnow

Doug,
The 520 chartplotter ,is the screen large enough to see detail without getting on top of it?
My eyesight is not what it used to be and the screen on my current gps(Eagle acunav) is to small.
Also do you know what kind of orientation does it have? heads up ,north or selective??
What kind of acuracy can you expect from their Gps receiver?
thanks,Andy