Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Link to Ontario MNR fishing regs - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Wallhanger

Default Link to Ontario MNR fishing regs

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business...02_163615.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Minnow

As a friendly reminder a Conservation Officer in Ontario has a lot of power, they can seize your car, equipment etc etc on the spot for violating the act. Not to scare you that rarely happens just a FWI they have a lot of power. Fines are fairly steep also.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_NC View Post
As a friendly reminder a Conservation Officer in Ontario has a lot of power, they can seize your car, equipment etc etc on the spot for violating the act. Not to scare you that rarely happens just a FWI they have a lot of power. Fines are fairly steep also.
I might suggest you get the regulations online. The bait store at Sioux Lookout was out of the regulations and out party had no regulations to refer to.:-(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Charter Member

Same here, no reg books available. Yet the DNR take advertisers dollars. I hope those businesses that paid for advertisements hold on to their dollars next year.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:05 AM
Slot Fish

A booklet will be available at the Ft Frances Depot (info center) and Ojibwa Bait just south or Sioux Lookout and Andersons' Lodge on 72 about 3 miles south of town and at the corner of Husdson road and 72 at the gas station and Frog Rapids Resort along the highway if you cannot find the online site useful. Also the info center in Sioux Lookout as you head into town. You can also order 2014 regs online from MNR site. Just do not say I didn't know . . . will not work and cost your $$$$$$$$$ if cought and if they confiscate your license you may have to wait more than a year to fish there again! The worst (most often ) offense seems to be keeping live fish in the live well and then out of slot size. It's not that hard. Ask your resort owner then ask someone at the bait shop then read the signs at the landing!! It's just not that hard to follow the rules. I wanot checked for almost 40 years then I've been checke every years since 2006. Once three times in one day near opening date!!Don't forget your passport or your license!! Make certain your outdoor card id up to date as well. Good luck Jim
Old 04-20-2016, 02:48 PM
Minnow

I've seen some pretty heart wrenching violations and never has a vehicle, or equipment been seized. I wouldn't be to worried about it. Just follow the regs and error on the side of safe. You'll be just fine.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:49 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnnonmt View Post
Greetings from Ontario, Canada.

You'll find that dealing with any Ontario Government website is like peeling an onion - it takes time and tears.

The site listed will link you to the regs for your zone of interest. But first you have to know which zone your destination is in. You can find that here:

http://www.fishinontario.com/regs.html

However, do not use the zone links on this page — they lead you into a confusing maze.

If I can help with other local knowledge, within reason, I may be able to help.
Closed Thread