Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
#2 Michigan vs #1 Ohio State - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 11-13-2006, 10:00 PM
DEFENSE

Default RE: #2 Michigan vs #1 Ohio State

WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

The UM D line is one of the best if not the best ever! Truly entertaining to watch and study. If they show up ready to play like they will on future Sunday's, I predict that they will stop the run by lateral containment and crush the pocket on the pass attempts. They will then be the best D Line ever for certain...

With that said OSU's only chance will be on broken plays, and they will get lucky only a few times at most. If UM can control the clock on offense and limit the times for OSU to make broken plays they will win, the defense will win it for them in a grid iron grinder.

On offense the UM O line just needs to open up the 5 yard gains and protect the pocket just enough to mix up the play calling make the long drives and burn the clock. Hart will bust a few good runs along the way. Look for one to get the momentum going in the 1st quarter and a couple more in the second half to seal the coffin. For UM offense there is no room for mistakes, they must play mistake free football for 4 quarters. Time of possesion will be the stat to watch.

OSU's big play makers or not, it will be defense that wins the game and the National Championship and UM will be the victor! If UM D-Line doesn't show up, it will be a route via track meet and the other team will win grossly.

The New Greek...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2006, 07:01 AM

Looking at the stat comparisons between OSU and the bunch up north, there is not any lobsided differences in categories. Both teams have solid running games (OSU 180 YPG and (sc)UM 194 YPG) that will have to be working to win Saturday. Other categories are very simular except passing offense and passing defense. The Buckeyes averaged 60 yds more and gave up 23 yds less than the other guys. That is not a huge margin for either but I think the difference in this game will be the passing game and I think the Buckeyes have the advantage.

I'd like to think that shutting down Manningham will win that war but you don't get to be #2 by having a one deep roster at any position. In the past when the Buckeyes shut down the stars, they always seem to find a guy that only the faithful fans of the maize and blue (God save their souls)have heard of. Breaston was a stud his freshman year but has been a non factor until this past weekend. Henne has a good arm and makes decent decisions but is a pocket passer posing little "big play" run threat.

Compare now to Ohio State's stable of receivers. Ginn and Gonzo come with plenty of hype (well deserved) and there is a whole bunch of others that have contributed big time this season. Robiskie, Hall, Hartline, Small (assuming he has found his bearings after the hit he took against Minnesota) and the TE Nichol have all had great seasons and if you double up on Ginn or Gonzo, any of them can carry the day. Smith's poise and abilities to hurt you with his arm and legs goes without saying. An all American D-line will have a tough time containing him. (ask Texas)

Go Bucks!

Old 11-14-2006, 09:34 AM
Hmmmmm

The team with the most turnovers will lose. The game of football hasn't changed in 100 years . You hang on to the ball you will win. Mistakes on special teams is another key to the game. Michigan is a little more conservative than OSU and patience is a virtue. If OSU gets a quick start Michigan may be forced to change game plan but if the game stays close we could see the game of the year. Running games and defense appear to be equal. OSU has passing advantage with great skill players now they just have to do it. Kicker advatage to Michigan?

OSU 24
Mich 17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Duh

>Dude,
> I'll tell you the difference in this game,,,,and its in
>all the Michigans players heads after winning 4 out of the
>last 5 games against Michigan,,,,,,Its the Tressel factor.His
>players will be ready to play you can take that to the
>bank.The Buckeyes will put presure on Henne and force him to
>make mistakes,,,,,Troy Smith will be Troy Smith,,,,make
>plays,not force anything,and not turn the ball over.I say
>Buckeyes by 10 or more.One more interesting fact,,,,Michigan
>has NEVER beat the Buckeyes in Columbus when they were
>undefeated.
> GO BUCKS,Kdog

Ohio State has never beaten Michigan when Michigan was undeafeated either.

Michigan 17 OSU 14
Old 11-14-2006, 06:23 PM
Charter Member

Michigan by 3!

Check out Walleye Central Business Directory! [url]https://www.walleyecentral.com/wcdirectory/yellowresult.php?goal=Detail&ckey=141&primaryField=description&category=Charters+-+Great+Lakes&textToFind=[/url]
Old 11-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Keeper

Guys we are talking OSU vs U.of M. This game is always one of THE BEST games of the whole season.I have watched both teams play and I will say that I Think the guys in Vegas are correct.OSU 28 UM 21. OH-IO GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2006, 09:13 PM
Wallhanger

Gilligan,

Did you pull the trigger on the new rig yet??
Old 11-14-2006, 09:50 PM
Charter Member

Brian...

Went and looked at a 2150 yesterday, my dealer is setting something up so I can look at the 202WT. They have located several 06's and can save a bunch so I expect to deal for something by the end of the month.

Check out Walleye Central Business Directory! [url]https://www.walleyecentral.com/wcdirectory/yellowresult.php?goal=Detail&ckey=141&primaryField=description&category=Charters+-+Great+Lakes&textToFind=[/url]
Old 11-15-2006, 12:09 PM
Charter Member

The week of THE GAME is here and bigger than ever! I'll wait until Friday to give my always, accurate predition. I'll tip my hand and say the Buckeyes will prevail (again). The great thing is that UM has had a good enough season that even after losing to OSU this Saturday, Llloyd Carr will keep his job! :-)

Tim

PS-Word has it that UM's D-Coordinator hasn't slept all week! ;-)
Old 11-15-2006, 05:59 PM

Anybody going to The Game?