Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Perrault Lake 6/22-6/29 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 04-17-2019, 12:52 PM
Keeper

Default Perrault Lake 6/22-6/29

Headed back up to Perrault this June. Last trip was June 2017 and the walleye fishing was very slow on the lake, we are hoping for better action this time. We are taking a first timer this trip so keeping the fingers crossed. Over the years we have done really well on the lake. If the lake is slow we have a few more bodies of water near by we can take the boat to get on some walleye. Is anyone else headed up this week? We are staying at Rainbow Point again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2019, 01:45 PM
Minnow

This may be obvious and I missed it but why would you go back to a lake you had poor results on unless you have prior history beyond 2017 that suggests otherwise? I would shop for a different lake if fishing was poor. Maybe it was a bad weather week?

Good luck
Old 04-17-2019, 02:04 PM
Minnow

he stated that they did very well on previous trips,cant fight mother nature

all you had to read was a paragraph,lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2019, 02:37 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanD View Post
This may be obvious and I missed it but why would you go back to a lake you had poor results on unless you have prior history beyond 2017 that suggests otherwise? I would shop for a different lake if fishing was poor. Maybe it was a bad weather week?

Good luck
We have had good luck in the past.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:55 PM
Minnow

Default Fair

That is fair. I clearly did a brief scan and when I saw poor fishing/going back I was like...................what????

There was definitely clarity there and I missed it

Hope fishing returns to the good ol days!
Old 04-17-2019, 03:17 PM
Keeper

I'll be there June 8th for a week trip, and July 6th for another week trip (money permitting, no job as of November 2018). I'm ready for some action.

Chuck
Old 04-17-2019, 04:19 PM
Minnow

A little off topic but our group had a off year at a lake we had several very good trips to. Rebounded with another couple of very good trips after the off year.

I think it just goes to show you even in NW Ontario it can be more fishing than catching under the right conditions.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:36 PM
Minnow

Agree with last post. Have had some really bad weather in trips that have undoubtedly impacted fishing. We like to move around quite a bit so that coupled with bad fishing generally leads to us moving to another lake fair or not. Have had 2 what I would say are really bad fishing weeks in the 25+ years we have been going North. One drive to and one fly in. I’m not going to mention lakes or outfitters as I’m sure fishing can and is very good under normal conditions. We just never made it back due to our gypsy nature and the extreme desire to see more and different scenery while always looking for that perfect place......still working on that.

Good luck
Old 04-17-2019, 08:52 PM
Keeper

Default How's fishing at a certain lake?

I have been fishing Wabaskang for 31 years on the same week. It's just across the road from Perrault Lake and a friend of mine who fishes Perrault reports similar fishing success. When asked about the fishing on Wabaskang, good, bad or what ever I tell them it depends. I have had way more good years than poor. I prefer the water to be on the high side and water temps in the low 60 degrees. In 2018 the water was low and the weather hot 90s and the water temps around 70 or a little warmer. We caught fish but it was like you expect in July. If I had my pick of weeks I would pick the first week of June. I guess in summary you can't rate a lake based on one year. Ask others about other years in the case it just happens to be slow. Sometimes no matter what you do its just slow.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:09 PM
army63

check with borntofish. He has written a book about fishing Perrault though out the season. It is a good read for any Canada bound fisher.