Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Looking for tandem axle trailer for 2121 warrior boat - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 06-01-2019, 02:44 PM
Minnow

Default Looking for tandem axle trailer for 2121 warrior boat

I've found quit a bit of rust damage on my warrior boat trailer for my 2121 Warrior boat. Worried about trailer failer on the road. Trying to decide whether to try to repair or try to locate a used trailer in the South Dakota area. If someone was any information on something new or used would apreciate the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2019, 03:59 PM
Charter Member

Like this? https://www.bismanonline.com/parshal...ilt_boat_trail

HRG
Old 06-02-2019, 10:16 AM
Wallhanger

Remove the boat and give it a good inspection......use a welder's chipping hammer to tap on it for rust thru....if it's only surface rust have it sand blasted and then have someone Line-X the trailer. You will save a lot of money and never have to worry about chip paint / rust again.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lincoln-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://linex.com/bedliners?&utm_sou...SAAEgKnxvD_BwE
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2019, 02:23 PM
Charter Member

Adventure,
Take the boat off of the trailer and take the boat to a sand blasting shop and give the trailer a good sand blasting.

After the trailer has been sand blasted, give it an inspection.

I am guessing that you only have surface rust since you don't use your boat on salt covered roads in the winter.

Assuming that it is only surface rust, have the sand blaster give the boat a nice coat of primer and gray paint and go fishing.

Good luck
Old 06-02-2019, 02:29 PM
Charter Member

https://www.autoyas.com/US/Fort-Pier...to-Body%2C-LLC

https://www.manta.com/mb_45_E031F0E0...s/south_dakota

https://d7leadfinder.com/results/sou...g+service.html
Old 06-02-2019, 03:50 PM
Wallhanger

Is your trl a C channel or a box frame? In 2015 when I purchased my 1988 Alumacraft and Shorlander project, the trl really looked nasty, I babied it home 1400 miles to Fl. I took the boat off the trl and tore the trl down to it's basic frame,axle and springs. Took it to a sandblaster, took about 2hrs down to bare metal. Inspected all the welds, springs,axle and other components I had blasted and found no cracks or weak spots. Wiped everything down with paint thinner and primed and painted. When I sold it this past January, everything still looked great. Might be cheaper than purchasing a new trl. Of course you could look for a new galvanized or aluminum one down here in Fl where the make them.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:53 AM
Wallhanger

When I changed to a tandem axle trailer I bought a EZ Junker. On the trailer there are 4 major componets. The brakes, the wiring, the bearings and the paint. All 4 were defective. I call EZ junk and they told me to keep taking it back to where I bought it, and they will fix it. After many many trips and not getting fixed I fixed it myself. So a word to the wise, stay away from EZ junkers.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:17 PM
Wallhanger

Default Trailer

A few years back I was thinking of replacing my tandem Shorlandr trailer for the same reason, so I contacted a few places about sandblasting. Here in N. Illinois they quoted me like $2500 to sandblast my trailer. I contacted Shorlandr and their quote for a new trailer wasn't that much more. Maybe it's just here in Illinois where everything costs more, but if you find a place that can do it for less let me know. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2019, 05:03 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1785 View Post
A few years back I was thinking of replacing my tandem Shorlandr trailer for the same reason, so I contacted a few places about sandblasting. Here in N. Illinois they quoted me like $2500 to sandblast my trailer. I contacted Shorlandr and their quote for a new trailer wasn't that much more. Maybe it's just here in Illinois where everything costs more, but if you find a place that can do it for less let me know. Thanks!
$2500 YIKES....I had mine done including the separate components for not quite $250
Old 07-08-2019, 07:51 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1785 View Post
Also from Illinois...(unfortunately)...had my trailmaster single axle trailer sandblasted and painted with ppg paint with a hardener added, 1 year ago. $600 all in. Granted this place did not do a perfect job. Some runs, some dirt in paint, but the price was right. Another quote from an actual body shop close by was $1200. I'm sure they would have done a better job, but it is a 28 year old trailer. Looks good going down the road at 70...