Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Get out of the left lane! - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 06-09-2015, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=Hot Runr Guy;3950409]Custom,
It's you "Michiganders" that think driving in the left lane is their God-given right. :bangin:

[url]http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2015/05/michigans_left_lane_hogs_have.html[/url]

I've got no problem with people who are actually in the act of passing a slower vehicle, it's the driver that enters from the right and immediately moves into the far left lane, and STAYS there.

Maybe the State Police can get their hands on some military-surplus Predator camera drones, and look for a car with 20 more stacked behind it?

HRG

Besides, with the left lane clear, it should become easier for the police to snag those speeders you mention,,,,,,[/QUOTE]

lol THEEEEEEE only place I have driven that is worse than metro Detroit in regard to obnoxious, clueless, inconsiderate, and downright dangerous drivers is in the metro Chicago area!! Especially around the toll booth areas. :eek: Only place that smells worse than Detroit also. :huh:

Actually, I'm one of those 5 over on a 2-lane and 9 over on the freeway people. I stay in the right or middle lane because I'm always getting passed by the 10-20+ over crowd. I schedule my life well, so I'm generally in no hurry to go kill someone on the road because I'm running late or have some sense of self-importance. :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

This is the problem I always run into traveling up and down Michigan on the 2-lane 55 mph rural roads. I'm doing 60, passing 55 mph drivers stacked up bumper to bumper in the right lane the whole 200 mile trip. I'm already 5 or so over. Then here comes Mr. Jackhole that has to do 75 in the 55. And his other jackhole buddies behind him. Why should I have to force my way into the right lane traffic and drop to 55 or less, so the 75 mph jackholes can get by? Ain't happenin'!! I'll continue on my 200 mile pass in the left lane. They can pass on the right if they wish. :muahaha:
Old 06-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=Custom Eyes;3950665]lol THEEEEEEE only place I have driven that is worse than metro Detroit in regard to obnoxious, clueless, inconsiderate, and downright dangerous drivers is in the metro Chicago area!! [/QUOTE]

Hahahaha! So last week, I was in upstate NY, driving south back to Albany. I'm watching this moron in front of me make irresponsible lanes changes, no signal, barely any room to fit.

All of a sudden, I start laughing to myself. The car in question had IL plates on it,,,,,,,:banghead:

HRG
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=Hot Runr Guy;3950713]Hahahaha! So last week, I was in upstate NY, driving south back to Albany. I'm watching this moron in front of me make irresponsible lanes changes, no signal, barely any room to fit.

All of a sudden, I start laughing to myself. The car in question had IL plates on it,,,,,,,:banghead:

HRG[/QUOTE]

You'd love driving IN Detroit. The only place where people exit on the right from the left lane. :eek:
Old 06-09-2015, 03:11 PM
Wallhanger

Spend a week driving in Houston, Dallas and Atlanta and get back to me on how that experience went for ya.

PjShorthorn :rock-on:
Old 06-09-2015, 03:17 PM
Charter Member

Sounds good on paper! I like it! Any law against people holding up the road is good.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Keeper

[QUOTE=bobk;3950281]Great law but I bet it doesn't help one bit. It won't get enforced nearly enough.[/QUOTE]

Actually a few of cops I know like it, because they often get double headers....the slowpoke who won't get over and as a bonus, the idiot right on his bumper following too close.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:52 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Steven Pederson;3950313]How would you even enforce it... as long as you are in the act of passing, and abiding the speed limit laws, who's to say how long it takes you to move around a vehicle?[/QUOTE]

This - It's a tough call. I drove back and forth to St. Paul - 200 (each way) miles each week for 20 years. I constantly drove at 75 mph - sometimes faster. Man - the train going north from St. Paul in the afternoon takes no prisoners. More than once I had my Corolla wound up to 90 mph+.

I pass and get back into the right lane. But here's the rub - I'm doing my 75 mph (on cruise) and am passing a couple of cars and someone going 85 roars up behind me who has the right to the left lane?

I always thought that as long as I'm overtaking the car ahead of me I can stay in the left lane. If I have to pull in between two cars (that I'm passing) I may have to kick the cruise off. No big deal - but the guy running behind me can kick his cruise off just as easy. Sometimes I would speed up to get right and clear the left.

After 20 years I never did come up with a good rule... Each instance was different. I think it had a lot to do with how fast I was overtaking the car in the right lane. And yes, it involved mood on my part and attitude on the guy closing behind me. The left lane does not belong to the fastest car on the road - but I do try to move right ASAP. It's not my job to mind speeders.

It isn't as easy as just moving right as soon as someone comes up behind you. But the left lane is not for (camping out in by) prematurely gray women with hairy arm pits and driving a Subaru at exactly 70 mph. :p

Last edited by law57; 06-10-2015 at 06:04 AM.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:02 PM
Wallhanger

wow $500 to $1,000 fine. It sounds as much a money grab as it is sound policy.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:12 PM
Charter Member

I think the fools that think they can pass the 50 cars on the right by going 2 mph faster than them should be pushed into the median in a ball of flames. Could be hormones on my part.......:rockit: