Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ugly Boats - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 09-04-2019, 08:42 AM
Wallhanger

That's looks to be about the most cumbersome walleye fishing boat I've seen. Heck that thing is worse than a lot of ski boats. Unless your plan is to pull down riggers from the back and it's the only way you plan to fish, I seen nothing that impresses me. There's a reason open bow, no top, fiberglass, multi-spieces boats have taken over the the mid-west walleye fishing world. It's because they balance, versatility, ride, dryness, interior storage, handling, tracking, and overall comfort and convenience. It's not rocket science. As far as looks, that's all personal preference, one guy might like all white or no poly-flake and the next might think a bright poly-flake purple with a sparkly orange stripe looks fantastic, to each there own. If the colors are well coordinated, I think the general population sure appears to have leaned towards the poly-flake boats. I'll use Yar-craft for an example as every boat is a custom color application, there are no canned pre-order color combos. I bet more than 90% of their total yearly builds have some poly-flake in the scheme, and most of those are custom ordered by the buyer, not dealer stock units. Food for thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2019, 07:16 PM
Minnow

Worthless thread. Who cares what boat people decide to buy or fish out of? Waste of energy brother....
Old 09-09-2019, 02:10 PM
Wallhanger

There is a Yarcraft 1785BT on the classified here that I would love to have if I was younger. It is both a excellent looking boat, plus it looks like it is a excellent functional fishing boat.

I have never bought a boat with the thought of what another person thought about the looks. I only bought them for my own personal satisfaction. If you can afford it, you like it and want it, then buy it. I have never told another person that I didn’t like their boat either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2019, 02:24 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=bassin08;6356964]There is a Yarcraft 1785BT on the classified here that I would love to have if I was younger. It is both a excellent looking boat, plus it looks like it is a excellent functional fishing boat.

I have never bought a boat with the thought of what another person thought about the looks. I only bought them for my own personal satisfaction. If you can afford it, you like it and want it, then buy it. I have never told another person that I didn’t like their boat either.[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 09-09-2019, 03:53 PM
Wallhanger

Very often there will be pics of boats sitting waiting for the start of a tourney Lots and lots of boats. Study the pics, rarely will you see a tiller. What does that tell you.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:16 PM
Wallhanger

It tells me that more people are more interested in speed than fishability. Then again, like I said earlier, I don’t worry about what someone else wants.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=bassin08;6356984]It tells me that more people are more interested in speed than fishability. Then again, like I said earlier, I don’t worry about what someone else wants.[/QUOTE]

Speed? I'll take a DC wheeled boat any day over a tiller from a fishability and convenience standpoint. There's a lot more that goes into fishability than just open space or better backtrolling abilities.