Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
rain gear - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 11-25-2021, 08:29 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAngler View Post
Good Grief! While I don't over wash our rain gear, it is very important for keeping you dry and comfortable in wet conditions... why wouldn't you care for it? I also use Nikwax according to the gear care tags. Our gear has held up well and doesn't stink. I suppose you non-washers think the rain will wash your car and boat as well?
I honestly don't wash my rain gear.I guide most days and dont have time for that.Use it when it rains let it dry depending on weather and stick it in my dry bag till next time.End of the season I do a smell check and might wipe it down with soapy water.That's it. Do I wash my truck.NO.I live in country and go down gravel roads daily it woukd just get dirty again next day and yes rain does pretty good job keeping it clean and my truck is white and they look cleaner than most other colors.sometimes if iam at a beach with my boat I'll give it a once iver otherwise no I don't wash it much.It's white also and looks pretty clean all the time.rather be hunting or fishing than cleaning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2021, 06:31 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by prov1800 View Post
I honestly don't wash my rain gear.I guide most days and dont have time for that.Use it when it rains let it dry depending on weather and stick it in my dry bag till next time.End of the season I do a smell check and might wipe it down with soapy water.That's it. Do I wash my truck.NO.I live in country and go down gravel roads daily it woukd just get dirty again next day and yes rain does pretty good job keeping it clean and my truck is white and they look cleaner than most other colors.sometimes if iam at a beach with my boat I'll give it a once iver otherwise no I don't wash it much.It's white also and looks pretty clean all the time.rather be hunting or fishing than cleaning.
John your white also,you look spotless to me,haha
Old 11-27-2021, 07:49 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckohlt View Post
Quote:
I have my moments
Old 11-27-2021, 03:14 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have my moments
So with all this rain gear talk I finally opened my dry bag with my rain gear in it that's been in my basement a while now.Was a pleasant surprise that no foul odor cane out of the bag.Whew.Worst thing I find I do is when i grab a minnow is roll it around on my left thigh to line it up for putting on the hook. wether I have rain gear on or not it's something I do with every free minnow I use.Its a small area I seem to use consistently and there is really no bad odor as i did get my nose right in on it.So just going to hang suit up on a hanger till spring.Heres my Frogg Toggs my wife bought and the largest smallmouth I've ever caught.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	received_373426314428588_1638047649667.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	330544  
Old 11-27-2021, 03:18 PM
Wallhanger

That’s a nice smallmouth John!
Old 11-27-2021, 03:35 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Mag View Post
That’s a nice smallmouth John!
Thx Mag.it was caught on Eagle on a muskie day.It hit a bucktail and felt like a muskie strike and fought like a muskie lol.23 1/2" never measured girth wish we had cause it was girthy.
Old 11-27-2021, 07:30 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
So with all this rain gear talk I finally opened my dry bag with my rain gear in it that's been in my basement a while now.Was a pleasant surprise that no foul odor cane out of the bag.Whew.Worst thing I find I do is when i grab a minnow is roll it around on my left thigh to line it up for putting on the hook. wether I have rain gear on or not it's something I do with every free minnow I use.Its a small area I seem to use consistently and there is really no bad odor as i did get my nose right in on it.So just going to hang suit up on a hanger till spring.Heres my Frogg Toggs my wife bought and the largest smallmouth I've ever caught.
Without those free minnows you probably would not have caught that pig smallie.
Old 11-27-2021, 07:35 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Quote:
Without those free minnows you probably would not have caught that pig smallie.
No minnows that day Rod.Strictly bigger muskie baits.That pig hit a shumway flasher #8 blades.