Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Humminbird MEGA Live debut ... - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 11-24-2021, 05:31 PM
Wallhanger

One comment that I will add about the reviews in the video that I posted is that the LS uses a lot of noise to help paint the picture better, some may like that where the ML has a complete black background some people may prefer that but there are tradeoff as to what you see and how far away you see it
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes

Last edited by bbheli; 11-24-2021 at 05:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2021, 10:23 PM
Wallhanger

I have not watched that video in about a week, but that was the point I was trying to make. Both the Lowrance and the HB were set to under 20% sensitivity(from my memory) and the Garmin was 60 or 70%. Of course things will be brighter as well as see farther. I think that was the weakness of that video. The clarity of any screen has a point when the clutter overcomes the actual data we want, but just under that is where you want to be. From what I have been reading was LS has an advantage in range. How much is debatable, but the adjustments are always what makes or breaks the usefulness of any sonar. JMO Bob
Old 11-25-2021, 06:52 AM
Wallhanger

Default Update on live video

I just viewed the video from this thread. I watched the vid a week ago. It has been edited quite a bit. No comment on my feelings, but the sensitivity settings for the comparison were no longer listed. I went back to the original link I watched and it is now the updated version. Most of the commercials for some sponsors have been added so I am thinking it was the original, first edit I saw. Like most content on the internet, take with a grain of salt. JMO Bob
Old 11-25-2021, 10:29 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Bob View Post
I have not watched that video in about a week, but that was the point I was trying to make. Both the Lowrance and the HB were set to under 20% sensitivity(from my memory) and the Garmin was 60 or 70%. Of course things will be brighter as well as see farther. I think that was the weakness of that video. The clarity of any screen has a point when the clutter overcomes the actual data we want, but just under that is where you want to be. From what I have been reading was LS has an advantage in range. How much is debatable, but the adjustments are always what makes or breaks the usefulness of any sonar. JMO Bob

This what I noticed also he mentions tuning the Garmin but not tuning on the Lowrance or Humminbird. He mentions using the Garmin for about three years and never mentions running any of the other units before.
Old 11-25-2021, 10:39 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP. View Post
This what I noticed also he mentions tuning the Garmin but not tuning on the Lowrance or Humminbird. He mentions using the Garmin for about three years and never mentions running any of the other units before.
So are we thinking he was just PRO Garmin in the review
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 11-25-2021, 11:06 AM
Wallhanger

I know you quoted Tom here, but I will comment anyway. I don't feel there was anything intentional about the adjustments being less than perfect. It is just a factor I noticed, YouTube is a commercial endeavor to many even if they are putting content out that is not perfect in content. The video is good quality with professional sounding narrative. Well done. It is not however scientific proof of anything, so subject to comment. JMO Bob
Old 11-25-2021, 09:58 PM
Wallhanger

This is an informal video about LS vs ML. He is a long time LS user and is doing his comparison. Still favoring LS but seems pretty close to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWKmYXyUCWQ