Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
pymatuning lake - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 03-13-2008, 08:32 AM
Minnow

Default pymatuning lake

caught my first walleye of the year on monday at the lake not through the ice so i'll let you fiqure it out... i figured since nobody wants to talk abiut the fishing up there i would its not a competition this page is meant to help out other fishermen who cant make it up there all the time and since nobody was posting anything lateley i would take the hour drive up and see for myself what was going on and only caught one fish but at least i caught one... 19" male wasnt milking yet but they are on the spawn move not numbers but at least there moving in!!! good luck to all and see you at the lake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Charter Member

Default RE: pymatuning lake

Not that i dont want to talk about it just things there have gone down dramatically in the past years. I didnt even wet a line in this lake last year for walleyes. We fish crappie now in the north end bays and do very well when the ice comes off.

I used to fish this lake all the time for spring walleyes till the fishing dropped off. You really haved to work to catch yourself some fish here anymore. Last walleyes we were catching in this lake we were jigging in the shallow weed beds in the spring...

If it comes back to life I may venture back up there for walleye.

CB
Visit My Great Lakes Business Listing on WalleyeCentral!
https://www.walleyecentral.com/wcdire...e.php?ckey=246
Old 03-14-2008, 04:40 AM
Wallhanger

I take it that the ice is off and you can get a boat in? Or you fished the spillway? PM me if you don't want to post here. Used to fish it but had a 2 hr. drive. Started to fish Kinzua but would like to get over again someday. May have some time off coming up and if you can supply me with conditions, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Minnow

i was at the wire just me and my cousin he didnt hit anything and we werent bumping to much of anything the fish i caught nailed it though it was half way down its throat there is open water out to that first island you can see down the lake but i dont believe you can get a boat in anywhere a canoe would be the way to go gets you away from everybody on shore .... hows the kinzua bite in the lake or in the river...any good???
Old 03-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Wallhanger

Kinzua was OK last year. Had to work for them. Better fishing up in the Indian Reservation. Many a days with small ones or none at all. Haven't seen what one would call a HOT BITE. Like I said, you have to work for them.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Minnow

ITS SO ON RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!
me and my cousin josh hauled canoe up there last night at 1100 pulled up and it looked like christmas there was so many people there 8 boats and 4-5 people on each side of the chain.. we pulled up in the middle of the channel about 100 150 feet out from shore and started hammering them we both had our limits and were of the lake at 300 so four hours 12 keepers biggest being 27" 13"girth at least 12 pounds we probably foul hooked 10 others that were released but the males were really aggressive and hungry i guess becuse it was on fire take a john boat or canoe if you actually want a good spot because there is a waiting line to fish the chain good luck to all!!!!!!!!!! annd let me know if any body else is doing any good because this spot is fun but it gets old i love this lake and want to start moving to other spots so if anyone is out and doing any fishing let me know...
Old 03-31-2008, 09:23 AM
Ormond (Andover)

uh, ya, if you say so....kids..
Old 04-01-2008, 04:02 AM
Wallhanger

RedEYE fuhs, the chain, where is that? I'm somewhat familar with the lake but I never heard that term before. I take it that all the launches are open? Thanks for the info.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Minnow

the chain is the wire at the spillway its not a wire anymore its a chain i figured i would try to stump some people who werent up there this year lol im pretty sure the launches are open but i dont know if the docks are in and if your trying to get to the spillway be careful the wall out where the channel is is under water.. good luck my cousin josh went back up last night and got 4 more he said it was a little slower not as many being caught but he was only there till midnight
Old 04-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Wallhanger

Thanks. Going to try and get over saturday evening. Any word on the south end? Jamestown or around 41 Bay? Have a 2+ hr. drive and there are a couple of ways to get there but it depends on where I will be fishing.