Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lake Erie Question - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 01-18-2021, 09:21 AM
Keeper

Thanks for all the helpful info. I will run it by my neighbor.

I saw him yesterday. He is hoping to make a trip later this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2021, 10:13 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackvil View Post
Thanks for all the helpful info. I will run it by my neighbor.

I saw him yesterday. He is hoping to make a trip later this year.
I PMed you the info you requested. If you need more help just let me know.

Good Luck and Stay SAFE,
Bob
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 01-18-2021, 10:31 AM
Wallhanger

Bobby Winds if a person fishes the harbor area would it be a good idea to get a Canadian license?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2021, 02:59 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP. View Post
Bobby Winds if a person fishes the harbor area would it be a good idea to get a Canadian license?
No, you don’t need a Canadian license to fish the outer harbor, it’s in NYS waters. I haven’t purchased a Canadian license in over 10 years.

Early season walleye bite is close to shore on the NYS side. In very late July and mostly August I like to fish the “Picket Fence” area that’s right on the border about 7 - 10 miles out of the harbor.

In May inside the harbor, just outside its walls and around the Buffalo River and around the “The Round House” that is at the head of the Niagara River all produce walleyes and the areas are very close to shore.

In June most guys like to fish “Behind The Wind Mills” in 25’ to 45’ of water. Go out the harbor’s South Gap and turn south (left) for 1-3 miles. LOTS of walleyes catch here until they start to move out.

You can see all these areas via that Google Map I include in my above post. Zoom In and Out to view these areas.

We have several other ports in Lake Erie I use depending if I’m Walleye fishing or going after my favorite Lake Erie JUMBO Perch.

Bob
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 01-19-2021, 04:09 PM
Wallhanger

Thanks Bobby always wanted to fish Erie but hated the idea of maybe only being able to fish 3 days out of week being there. This just might make a good option.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:35 PM
Keeper

Default Pills

I take an OTC pill called Bonnine. Wally World carries a generic version. Take one the night before and one the morning of the trip. Helps me a lot.

I find Bonnine better than Dramamine because Dramamine makes me sleepy.

I’ve also heard the benefits of ginger.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:35 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG1 View Post
I take an OTC pill called Bonnine. Wally World carries a generic version. Take one the night before and one the morning of the trip. Helps me a lot.

I find Bonnine better than Dramamine because Dramamine makes me sleepy.

I’ve also heard the benefits of ginger.
I’ll have to try that, I take Dramamine before I go out on Erie and it does make me sleepy. It’s funny I can fish just about any other body of water without getting sick but on Erie I get a little sick.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:54 PM
Keeper

I fished many years on ocean charters and had a big problem with seasickness. A lot of OTC stuff worked but the side effects were more than I could handle. I found something called a Relief Band Classic which doctors prescribe for morning sick pregnant women. I wear it like a wristwatch and it gives a mild electrical shock on a specific pressure point. For me this device really worked and I didn't have to take that medicine anymore. I've also used it on Lake Erie and even at Universal Studios coasters and it's always worked perfectly for 20 years. https://www.reliefband.com/collections/reliefband
Old 01-21-2021, 03:25 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadave View Post
I fished many years on ocean charters and had a big problem with seasickness. A lot of OTC stuff worked but the side effects were more than I could handle. I found something called a Relief Band Classic which doctors prescribe for morning sick pregnant women. I wear it like a wristwatch and it gives a mild electrical shock on a specific pressure point. For me this device really worked and I didn't have to take that medicine anymore. I've also used it on Lake Erie and even at Universal Studios coasters and it's always worked perfectly for 20 years. https://www.reliefband.com/collections/reliefband
Thanks for the info. I passed it on to my neighbor and he is thrilled to learn that something may work.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:07 PM
etillema@hotmail.com

My wife loves to fish and we fish Erie a few times a year. My wife suffers from motion sickness and I do also although to a much lesser degree. We have tried many things and last year tried Sea Bands accupressure bands. They worked for us.

Also maybe try a charter service which uses catamarans. They ride much different in the water. Much less rolling. Try to troll with the waves or against the waves. Maybe not the preferred route depending on the day, but it keeps you on the water and fishing.