Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Big 12 adds 4 teams to league.... - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 09-10-2021, 10:35 PM
Keeper

Default Big 12 adds 4 teams to league....

BYU
HOUSTON
UCF
CINCINNATI

AFTER LOSING TEXAS AND OKLAHOMA TO THE SEC THE BIG 12 IS TRYING TO MAKE UP FOR THEIR DEPARTURE.

Have always been a Oklahoma football fan but as far as I am concerned they can go suck a lollipop. Very selfish move on those colleges action. Leave tradition behind...its all about money.

https://sports.yahoo.com/big-12-offi...140831354.html
Old 09-11-2021, 03:59 AM
Wallhanger

Whats happened in CFB has ruined it for me. not a big fan any longer
Old 09-11-2021, 08:25 AM
Charter Member

It'll be an interesting change to the Big 12 for sure. Never have been an OU fan, their too full of themselves. Being an Okie, my two favorite teams are #1, the OSU Cowboys and #2, whoever is playing against OU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2021, 01:31 PM
Wallhanger

i was an OU fan growing up bigtime and will always miss those sooner vs the cornhuskers classics,but, when the cowboys had thurman thomas and barry sanders s a freshman i was rooting for the cowboys
Old 09-11-2021, 09:05 PM
Wallhanger

The conference hasn’t been the same since Nebraska and Colorado bolted several years ago. Funny, neither of those teams have been remotely competitive in their new conferences. I think the same will happen now. Bad move to jump to the SEC.
Old 09-12-2021, 04:23 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMBin303 View Post
The conference hasn’t been the same since Nebraska and Colorado bolted several years ago. Funny, neither of those teams have been remotely competitive in their new conferences. I think the same will happen now. Bad move to jump to the SEC.
I saw something recently where mathematially Texas is the most unerperfoming football team in Division 1. they Lost to Arkansas yestarday. They get a top 15 or so ranking every year and dont even win the B12. Nebraskas move was a good one financially and in general. Nebraskas football problems are completely Nebraska's, not a function of the Big 10. They cannot keep perennial Top 20 recruiting classes around for starts...

not sure how much really changed at Mizzou/Colorado other than a lot bigger league payout.

College Football used to be a regional deal with close fan bases etc. Now...not so much The original Big 8 was in 6 rural farming states that had cultural ties, now it spans literally 3/4 of the country. really, who cares about Okie state vs UCF? BYU might be kind of interesting. Houston? commuter school with no fan base. Cincinnati?

Wouldnt be surprised if inside of 5-10 years a chunk of programs break out on their own without the NCAA. probably a semi pro league. there is just too much money at stake it appears . then it will be really bad for the ones left outside. Im not sure how the B12 teams will even pay their bills after Texas/OU leave. I think those 2 schools were generating 1/2 the Big 12 payout.

Last edited by kswalleyer; 09-12-2021 at 04:35 AM.
Old 09-12-2021, 06:13 AM
Slot Fish

Texas tried hard to kill another conference! The new big 12 going forward will be interesting! I don't see that perennial top dog like OU and that's a good thing. Nebraskas issues the last 7 years are definitely on coaching and a crap AD who fired a guy winning 9 or 10 games a year and hire a guy who's never won anything in 30 years of coaching
Old 09-12-2021, 06:15 AM
Wallhanger

Texas and Oklahoma's athletic directors teach their students : "Show Me The Money!!!"

Embrace the existing Big 12 teams that don't bolt for the money; and if you can't follow a Big 10 team then at least remember what one Big 10 coach once said: “Those who stay will be Champions.”
― Bo Schembechler
Old 09-12-2021, 06:33 AM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

There are overrated programs and coaches everywhere. Nebraska has about as much chance of winning the Big 10 as Minnesota. To maintain some sort of interest in the also rans they made two divisions.

Texas gets mentioned because they have a TV network. They haven't won anything in the last 20 years either.

Miami, FSU, Michigan USC........teams with a storied history that aren't winning anything either.

It's Bama and a handful of other teams every year. I don't see that changing. Why would the NCAA & the TV rights holders want Oregon vs North Carolina in a title game when they can have Alabama vs Clemson?

College football for me went away when they destroyed the 4 New Year Day games many years ago. The glory days of college football are gone. Now it's just a feeder program for the NFL.
Old 09-12-2021, 06:35 AM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

I should add.................Michigan is also falling behind into the also ran group. They really are only a 1/2 step ahead of Nebraska these days.