Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
CBD oil - what do you think? - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 06-26-2019, 08:45 AM
Wallhanger

I think you will hear a lot of opinions and anecdotal information, but little information from well designed, controlled clinical trials.

From a 2019 publication (Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing) - I could not access the entire article without membership or payment:

Consumer demand for cannabidiol (CBD) oil has increased, with growing sales from dispensaries because of the alleged medicinal benefits. Although studies examining the specific therapeutic effects of CBD are increasing, clinical data do not support the popular uses of CBD for Parkinson disease, schizophrenia, cancer palliation and treatment, chronic pain and spasticity, depression, anxiety disorder, insomnia, and inflammation.

CJON 2019, 23(2), 131-134 DOI: 10.1188/19.CJON.131-134
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2019, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=Mojo-NC;6334736]I think you will hear a lot of opinions and anecdotal information, but little information from well designed, controlled clinical trials.

From a 2019 publication (Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing) - I could not access the entire article without membership or payment:

Consumer demand for cannabidiol (CBD) oil has increased, with growing sales from dispensaries because of the alleged medicinal benefits. Although studies examining the specific therapeutic effects of CBD are increasing, clinical data do not support the popular uses of CBD for Parkinson disease, schizophrenia, cancer palliation and treatment, chronic pain and spasticity, depression, anxiety disorder, insomnia, and inflammation.

CJON 2019, 23(2), 131-134 DOI: 10.1188/19.CJON.131-134[/QUOTE]

That should change now that at least hemp has been legalized at a federal level. With marijuana and hemp both illegal before at a federal level, clinical testing was near impossible. I can 100% guarantee you it does work for inflammation, so the article you read is not really accurate or very biased. Remember, traditional medicine has big skin and $$$ in the game to lose if people can remedy many of those things at home with an over the counter medication and cut them out of the money stream.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:08 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Custom Eyes;6334816]That should change now that at least hemp has been legalized at a federal level. With marijuana and hemp both illegal before at a federal level, clinical testing was near impossible. I can 100% guarantee you it does work for inflammation, so the article you read is not really accurate or very biased. Remember, traditional medicine has big skin and $$$ in the game to lose if people can remedy many of those things at home with an over the counter medication and cut them out of the money stream.[/QUOTE]

X2

I have been taking CBD gummies for over a year now. Very low dose but I drive quite a bit, sometimes over 8-10hrs in the vehicle a day, in and out as many as 10-15 times, the back, from an old strain, will tighten and the gummies help when taking an aspirin thins my blood too much. An added benefit is that I sleep much better too, those hotel mattresses can be killers.

There is no harm in trying some and testing the effects for yourself, there is no magic pill.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2019, 07:53 PM
Wallhanger

Thanks everyone for the information and ideas. I've been trying it. It's hard to tell for sure if it helps, because I've had a bunch of other medical stuff going on and other medicine changes. In the meantime, I've been taken off the thinners, so I can take ibuprofen again, but I've been going easy on it to avoid stomach trouble.

Thanks again.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:22 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=yoopertrout;6334946]Thanks everyone for the information and ideas. I've been trying it. It's hard to tell for sure if it helps, because I've had a bunch of other medical stuff going on and other medicine changes. In the meantime, I've been taken off the thinners, so [COLOR="Blue"]I can take ibuprofen again, but I've been going easy on it to avoid stomach trouble.[/COLOR]

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

FYI - If you keep the pH in your stomach near neutral, NSAIDs like ibuprofen, aspirin, and naproxen cause far less GI damage. That can be done by taking a proton pump inhibitor like omeprazole or a H2 antagonist like ranitidine (Zantac) prior to taking the NSAID. Low pH (high acidity) plus NSAIDs can lead to ulcers which can then lead to GI bleeds.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:51 PM
Wallhanger

The FDA has approved CBD for one malady: a certain form of epilepsy control.

Absent FDA approvals no one is permitted to make any representations regarding curing affects of other maladies. Since sales people cannot make representations regarding CBD cures, they go through a dance that I equate to snake oil salesmen. Whatever ails you, they have a story to reinforce CBD will help. It has turned into the modern day Geritol and Carter Little Liver pills.

I tried it in low dosage and experienced no affect.

Since it costs a lot, and seemed not to help anything, I haven’t bought more. I might try again at higher dosage but it will cost a lot, and I think that is what is all about.

Maybe I should add some to my lower unit?
Old 06-27-2019, 04:43 PM
Wallhanger

Default AdHemp

I have used a topical cream by ADHEMP (Recover) and to me its a miracle. 5 yrs ago (now 71 yrs young) I could barely walk w/out pain...........no more. Great stuff in my book. :exactly: FT

[URL]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S4LP5XL/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3LTMB8BP9FL70&psc=1[/URL]
Old 06-28-2019, 08:23 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Freytown;6335264]I have used a topical cream by ADHEMP (Recover) and to me its a miracle. 5 yrs ago (now 71 yrs young) I could barely walk w/out pain...........no more. Great stuff in my book. :exactly: FT

[URL]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S4LP5XL/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3LTMB8BP9FL70&psc=1[/URL][/QUOTE]

And this is all that matters, what it does for YOU.

For every story you hear that it works like a miracle, you hear a story it didn't do anything. You need to try it to find out, and if it doesn't work you need to try a different brand, or different dosage if you really want to try to help yourself, or know that it just doesn't work for you. It's like finding the best bullet for your rifle or turkey load for your shotgun. Unfortunately it isn't all the same, and the dosages are not known.

I sometimes wonder if there is some type of placebo affect on some people and not others. Even if it is just that, as long as you feel better who cares why it is working.
Old 06-28-2019, 04:28 PM
Wallhanger

Default What's your point?

[QUOTE=rwl;6335482]And this is all that matters, what it does for YOU.

For every story you hear that it works like a miracle, you hear a story it didn't do anything. You need to try it to find out, and if it doesn't work you need to try a different brand, or different dosage if you really want to try to help yourself, or know that it just doesn't work for you. It's like finding the best bullet for your rifle or turkey load for your shotgun. Unfortunately it isn't all the same, and the dosages are not known.

I sometimes wonder if there is some type of placebo affect on some people and not others. Even if it is just that, as long as you feel better who cares why it is working.[/QUOTE]

Placebo affect???? ROTFLMAO Listen I'm 71yrs old...it is what it is. :exactly:

Nothing works the same for ever one. Some like Advil, some use Eleve.

Some like Mizuno, New Balance, Nike, etc, etc.

Why are you being so negative? ADHEMP helped me, my wife and many friends. I don't get you glass half empty folks. Nuff said' :exactly: FT

Last edited by Freytown; 06-28-2019 at 04:33 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 04:02 AM
Wallhanger

It is actually regulated in every state but not the way folks think. I attended a continuing education class on the topic a few weeks back. The FDA and Federal Trade Commission has not stepped up enforcement yet but stores are legally not allowed to advertise the product as providing relief to various medical ailments, nor are they allowed to add it to dietary supplement or drinks if delivered through interstate commerce. At the link below, you can see a couple of the warning letters sent out by the FDA this year.

[URL="http://https://www.fda.gov/news-events/public-health-focus/warning-letters-and-test-results-cannabidiol-related-products"]http://https://www.fda.gov/news-events/public-health-focus/warning-letters-and-test-results-cannabidiol-related-products[/URL]

An example of the warning letters sent by the FDA: [URL="https://www.fda.gov/inspections-compliance-enforcement-and-criminal-investigations/warning-letters/nutra-pure-llc-567714-03282019"]https://www.fda.gov/inspections-compliance-enforcement-and-criminal-investigations/warning-letters/nutra-pure-llc-567714-03282019[/URL]

Other than that, Congress did de-criminalize CBD oil made from hemp in the 2018 Farm Bill as long contains less than .3 percent THC.

[QUOTE=holliswuzamember;5911050]Its not regulated in my state, you can buy it at health food stores. It seems to me it works very well for about 50% of people and to some extent to not at all to the others. (This may be very wrong,..just my impression from talking to some that take it and their impression to their group that uses it and from a guy that works in a health food store)and from a guy that works in a 7/11 (don't laugh, they sell it in gummy bears there and he talks to many that buy it) So take it in consideration.

Also there seems to be factors of quality and the dose of trying to control pain, (higher amount) and for an anti inflammatory (lower dose but much longer duration)

You might try a trial of it to see if you are one that it works for.

Its true no matter how much you take, you can't get high or addicted. It's an extract that is totally devoid of THC the part of compound that gets you high,.[/QUOTE]
Lowrance Gen2 Touch 9 with network to the trolling motor

Last edited by Bugler; 06-29-2019 at 04:15 AM. Reason: ommission