Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Canada - Baudette - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 09-15-2020, 03:12 PM
Charter Member

How was your trip??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2020, 11:20 PM
Slot Fish

Great trip, the fishing was OK, nothing like Lac Suel, longest was 26", couple of tough days because of the wind. Zippels to the river isn't far, unless the wind is blowing, which is the case everywhere on Lake Of the Woods. You can boat anywhere on the river, but not fish on the Canadian side without a license, which I believe is the same on the US side. The water is very low right now, at least 2 foot low.
Old 09-17-2020, 06:59 AM
Slot Fish

Do they have a different set of laws that applies to the Rainy river or are they just not enforcing it?

In a typical year you can lawfully travel back and forth if you follow law/procedure. Currently you can not cross by land or water.

Illegal border crossings are not the friendliest conversation to have with with the authorities for a US citizen.
Old 09-17-2020, 12:13 PM
Charter Member

I don't believe anything has changed on the Rainy. Travel on the river as far as my experience has never been mandated that you do not cross the middle of the river. With that said do not stop on shore or be caught fishing on the Canadian side and that is enforced any time not just now. While sturgeon fishing this spring, a Canadian CO boat travelled the river where we were fishing and pulled up near boats that were over the line and made them move. I never saw them board a boat or hand out any tickets, but I know it has happened.