Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Reports of several boats sunk on Lake Travis Texas - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 09-05-2020, 08:52 PM
Charter Member

Today, there was a boat rally on the St. Croix river - border between Wi. and Mn.

There were between one thousand and two thousand boats meeting for a get together and cruise up the river As I understand it there were about 10 miles of boat spread across the river cruising at about 5 mph. Lots of patriotic comments made by the boaters.

A wonderful day for everyone on the water today.

Best wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2020, 08:57 PM
Keeper

[QUOTE=REW;6480848]Lots of patriotic comments made by the boaters.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Can you give us a few examples?
Old 09-05-2020, 09:53 PM
Wallhanger

I just stumbled into it on a bike ride to Stillwater. Methinks the count was exaggerated, but I could only see to the first bend downriver from the lift bridge. Several hundred for sure. Lift bridge packed with flag wavers and supporters of one political campaign. Don't you just hate it that some think it is just fine to deny access to roads and bridges we all pay for, to make their point?

All the boats were observing "no wake" in the area, so it was very calm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2020, 10:20 PM
Wallhanger

GBS I know what you mean. If they want to have a rally or protest or hootannay stay on the sidewalk and don’t block traffic get a parade permit
Old 09-06-2020, 05:09 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=GBS;6480862]Don't you just hate it that some think it is just fine to deny access to roads and bridges we all pay for, to make their point?
[/QUOTE]

I must agree 100% with that statement. Here in Buffalo they have these so called "Slow Roll" events twice a week where they block off streets to vehicles that paid for those streets so they can "Slow Roll" down the middle of the street with no regards to businesses or residents who depend on the use of those streets. I guess redesigning many of our streets for bicycle use wasn't good enough for them as they demanded fair access to our roads. Here's a wonderful FAIR idea......make them pay for registrations, license and insurance like all the rest of the vehicles using the roads. Then give them tickets for not stopping at signals, stops signs and for not following all the other rules of the road.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 09-06-2020, 05:27 AM
Wallhanger

And those tight shorts! Not pretty on the old folks
Old 09-06-2020, 07:04 AM
Wallhanger

A lot of people are saying that those boats that sunk are just going to rise back up to the surface. You know, like just float up. Are we looking into that? I'm also hearing that no boats actually sunk. So a lot of people are saying that the boats that sunk will just float right back up, but then if no boats sunk, then we don't have anything to worry about. So we have a lot of good things that we're looking into.
Motorguide Bow Mount
Hummingbird Helix 7
Dual Pro Onboard
Bert's Rod Holders
Custom EZ Loader Trailer
Old 09-06-2020, 07:06 AM
Wallhanger

I did a Google search...Lake Travis is 62 miles long, with a max depth of 210'. All the boaters must have been congregated in one area. With that many boats in one area, I'm sure the nautical rules of the road were thrown out the window.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:39 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Bobby Winds;6480884]I must agree 100% with that statement. Here in Buffalo they have these so called "Slow Roll" events twice a week where they block off streets to vehicles that paid for those streets so they can "Slow Roll" down the middle of the street with no regards to businesses or residents who depend on the use of those streets. I guess redesigning many of our streets for bicycle use wasn't good enough for them as they demanded fair access to our roads. Here's a wonderful FAIR idea......make them pay for registrations, license and insurance like all the rest of the vehicles using the roads. Then give them tickets for not stopping at signals, stops signs and for not following all the other rules of the road.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. It was founded in Detroit 10 years ago and gets people outdoors exercising while building a sense of community. They ride on Monday nights and take different paths every ride, often going to some spot of local interest. It has become increasingly popular and may cause traffic issues. Should local governments crack down on pubic events that cause traffic issues? This is a good year to find out. Just imagine how much nicer it will be for people who live around stadiums not to have to put up with game day traffic. Banning crowds at Bills games permanently would save the city millions while improving life for residents of the area. Plus it would always be on TV.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:57 AM
Minnow

[QUOTE=rockpt;6480908]A lot of people are saying that those boats that sunk are just going to rise back up to the surface. You know, like just float up. Are we looking into that? I'm also hearing that no boats actually sunk. So a lot of people are saying that the boats that sunk will just float right back up, but then if no boats sunk, then we don't have anything to worry about. So we have a lot of good things that we're looking into.[/QUOTE]

...and like that it will all just magically disappear