Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Progressive Propulsion Plus - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boat Insurance (Sponsored Forums) > Let's Discuss Your Boat Insurance

Old 03-21-2017, 04:50 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazermule View Post
So does anyone know if the standard progressive policy covers a lower unit in the even it is ruined in striking an object?

LM
Believe me, it's ALWAYS best to call the company and not rely on internet cowboys when it comes to finances. . . . probably faster too.

Bob
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2017, 06:14 AM
Slot Fish

I have a message into Bob asking that specific question.

LM
Old 03-25-2017, 07:37 PM
Slot Fish

Had a phone conversation with Bob L yesterday and the policy he writes is the one I need it appears. Very knowledgeable guy selling his product.

LM
Old 09-06-2017, 08:52 PM
Minnow

I've been through the claim process of a stolen boat through Progressive. I do not recommend them. It took almost a year to get a check. Ultimately, I provided them with everything they asked for: police reports, access to all phone records, emails bank accounts etc.. receipts for EVERYTHING that was purchased. I had to fight to get a sit down with their attorney. My good friend is one of the top insurance brokers in the country out of Atlanta GA and advised me never to use them....of course this was after the fact.

I was recommended Bob Luellen. American reliable insurance. Google him, he is the best and comes recommend by the best in the business. Do your research.

Last edited by Midwest2468; 09-06-2017 at 08:55 PM.
Old 06-22-2019, 02:58 AM
Minnow

I have an Evinrude E tech 225 , The oil pump went out and caused damage to the motor head, I have propulsion plus insurance, I was told anything mechanical that went wrong with my motor would be covered under this insurance, I am told now by the adjuster that it wouldn’t cover of my motorhead what can I do
Old 07-02-2019, 05:20 AM
Supporting Vendor

Default Insurance

If you hit a summered object it would be covered. You need to understand all the coverage's. Progressive is a Awes ome company as long as you have the right coverage's and Agent. I have been able to educate a lot of members here on the kind of coverage's you need. Feel free to give me a call and we can go over your needs. Thanks Bob Luellen 517-627-8080
Old 06-03-2021, 10:20 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazermule View Post
So does anyone know if the standard progressive policy covers a lower unit in the even it is ruined in striking an object?

LM
Yes of course it does, that's why you buy insurance. Included in Comp and collision.
Old 08-23-2022, 11:04 AM
Keeper

Every boat insurance company I've been with has covered hitting objects. I would guess Progressive is the same way. Should be covered if you run over a rock pile and tear your lower unit off.
Old 03-17-2023, 04:37 AM
Minnow

Hello guys i new member
Old 03-17-2023, 05:18 AM
Wallhanger

I would just guess a regular policy covers damage from hitting something in the water but not for other mechanical problems that happen. I sure would love to have had the plus when the upper part of my outdrive crashed a few years ago on Erie. but I have never owned any outboard or outdrive that wasn't more than 10 years old. I'm just thankful I had unlimited towing with boatus when my outdrive crashed.

but in my opinion, if the plus cost is very much on a newer motor it wouldn't be worth the extra coverage if the policy you have now covers accidents because it's very rare a newer motor will have mechanical problems that would be covered. but like said this is just my opinion.