Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Safety Advise Following Other boats to camp - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 06-13-2019, 03:28 AM
Wallhanger

I'd go in whatever order seems best. Your speed will be dictated by the slowest boat and weather anyway. When we're loaded up (likely overloaded) on the way in, top speed isn't that fast. I'm no fan of running WOT for an hour just to gain 1mph so we run in the 5000s and make the best speed we can. We distribute the weight and the passengers to get the best and safest ride. The last 2-3 miles is a straight shot and you can see the cabin at the end, we usually spread out a bit there. If the guy with the biggest boat wants to fly that last little bit and do the unloading before everyone else gets there that's his choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2019, 05:55 AM
Wallhanger

"After we got back to the resort, we docked and went to check out our partners motor and prop.
He bent the skeg quite a bit and totaled the prop. So, he put on a spare prop and indicated that he would get the skeg straightened when he got back in case it broke off and would have to have a new skeg welded back to the motor".

REW I don't understand how your buddy's boat made it back to the resort if he totaled the prop ?
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 06-13-2019, 06:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
"After we got back to the resort, we docked and went to check out our partners motor and prop.
He bent the skeg quite a bit and totaled the prop. So, he put on a spare prop and indicated that he would get the skeg straightened when he got back in case it broke off and would have to have a new skeg welded back to the motor".

REW I don't understand how your buddy's boat made it back to the resort if he totaled the prop ?
It was all down hill, so they coasted.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:06 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntindave View Post
It was all down hill, so they coasted.
I just spit my soda out! Thank You!
Old 06-13-2019, 09:00 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbheli View Post
What do you consider small gaps on LOTW ? what islands were they.
I don't know where REW was? I just picture the thousands of small islands on LOTW, but there are many lakes with many islands up there. It is a place where I personally do not take chances cutting between small gaps between islands. I'd consider anything under 150' to be a small gap. But it doesn't really matter, I know gaps up there 100 yards wide between islands and it's only 12" deep, and I know gaps less than 20' wide that it's 20+' deep.

My point is if you don't know for sure, don't just cut corners to save a few minutes. Don't cut corners following a camp boat, they get mad and stop to tell you there is a reason that they are going where they are going, LOL.