Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Heading to Ontario this summer, any lake suggestions? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 04-20-2018, 09:08 PM
Minnow

Cool Heading to Ontario this summer, any lake suggestions?

Going to Sunset country in Ontario this summer, anyone have any good lake suggestions? Needs to have a drive in resort. Trying to find a lake with multi-species. Looking to catch some muskie, pike, small mouth, maybe some walleye. Does such a lake up there exist? I'm from the Midwest, and have never been up north, so any advice would be great. Looking at the Lacseul area, what you guys think? Willing to go where the fish are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2018, 09:29 PM
Slot Fish

Smile

Lake of the Woods has all that.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:00 PM
Wallhanger

Default Cedar Lake....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LundPuller View Post
Going to Sunset country in Ontario this summer, anyone have any good lake suggestions? Needs to have a drive in resort. Trying to find a lake with multi-species. Looking to catch some muskie, pike, small mouth, maybe some walleye. Does such a lake up there exist? I'm from the Midwest, and have never been up north, so any advice would be great. Looking at the Lacseul area, what you guys think? Willing to go where the fish are.
Cedar Lake has those fish, you might want to start up Google asap! Most places fill up early, though you might still be able to find an open cabin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2018, 07:49 AM
Keeper

Crawford's resort lotw
Old 04-21-2018, 08:33 AM
Wallhanger

Default Eagle Lake

Check out Birch Dale Lodge on Eagle Lake. www.birchdalelodge.com Eagle Lake has all the species you are looking to fish for. Birch Dale Lodge is a drive to resort located about 150 miles north of International Falls MN just off the Trans Canada Highway in Vermilion Bay Ontario.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:00 PM
Keeper

lake of the woods out of morson and rainy lake north west arm of rainy lake. no need to drive any farther north than those two.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:45 PM
Charter Member

X 2 for Cedar Lake, as that lake chain has all the species you are looking for including trophy Musky. You can fish it when it gets windy and is a easy lake to navigate. It is a safe lake to run, as it has very few hazards.

The camps on the lake chain are fairly well spread out, and I would recommend Cedar Point Resort camp (ask for Ray or Kathi - pm me if you want more information, as I have fished this lake a number of times). CPR is centrally located, has newer docks in a protected cove and clean cabins.

Good luck where ever you end up, and be sure to file a fishing report when you get back. You just can't go wrong with about any water in Sunset Country.

Faith, Family, Friends and Fishing....

Rich B
Old 04-21-2018, 08:57 PM
Keeper

I would also 2nd that with Rich B. love cedar lake and cedar point resort. we just like the big lake and the shorter drive to Lake of the Woods.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:18 PM
Wallhanger

Cedar is a good choice, I've been fishing it for the last 8 years. This year we are going back to the Indian chain just for a change. The Indian chain is also a good choice. Both Cedar and the Indian chain offer multi-species and enough size to not have to keep fishing the same spots yet not so big as to need a big boat to handle the wind.
On either lake I stay at Clark's Resorts. Nice, well maintained cabins at a good price, And free bait. Wayne and Karla do a great job running resorts.
15 hp Suzuki tiller kicker with Itroll
101 lb Terrova I-pilot link
Humminbird Helix 10 mega si and 2 898s
Talon 12'
Lowrance HDS 5 gen2, used mostly for engine monitoring.

Free advice, and worth every penny.
Old 04-22-2018, 02:24 PM
Wallhanger

Pm sent.

Tags
canada , fishing , lund