Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
What do you like and dislike about the Ranger FS boats and what would you improve? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-30-2019, 07:05 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyec View Post
I don't know anything about trailers but I thought Ranger made good ones.
I sure like mine....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2019, 08:57 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post
Wait, what? The 622 is called the 622FS Pro, the 621 is called the 621FS Pro?

It's a new hull in the fact they added 12" and have the capacity and ability to generate a new marketing campaign. Ranger is very good at both and as long as you can market a "new" 400 motor by Mercury you might have well make the bitter taste of loosing 25% on depreciation more palatable with a new "giant" size boat.

I would think someone with a budding family might want a rear cockpit with more floor space and where you can walk up to the gunnel, like the 621cFS Pro, a Warrior V208 or other.

Have you used a wireless charger prior? They get very hot as does the phone. I would think in the heat of a boat they may be suspect to early failure, although it blows my mind that a phone charger is on anyone high priority list for a boat at the 105,000.00 range when one can be installed for a few bucks.

The 622FS Pro has many creature comforts as all Ranger boats do, but I think they would be better served to offer a more robust well made trailer as an option, in lieu of increasing overall profit on a "package" by using poor materials and fabrication methods on their trailers.

Ned;
Are you speaking from first hand experience, you own one, or just negative speculation.
I don't know what you think is bad about the trailers but my years of experience says the Ranger Trailers are THE BEST in the industry.
Old 10-02-2019, 06:42 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawman View Post
Ned;
Are you speaking from first hand experience, you own one, or just negative speculation.
I don't know what you think is bad about the trailers but my years of experience says the Ranger Trailers are THE BEST in the industry.
My '09 Reata trailer fiberglass fenders would come loose from the metal trailer frame, broke the rivets, I had to put bolts in to fix and hire a body shop guy to fix the fiberglass. Ranger did not put a large enough winch on this trailer for the weight of the boat, a pain in the blank to crank on if you could not power load. Trailer is too light, rated for right at the weight of the boat. If you put in two fishing poles instead of one, probably overloaded it.

My '18 620 trailer made all sorts of groaning, squealing, squeaking noises when going slow, starting out, and stopping. Took to dealer three times to look at, along with some piddly issues with the boat. Dealer would say when I picked it up, nothing wrong with trailer. I talked to some other Ranger owners, said theirs did not make such noises. Finally, got sick of everyone looking at me as my trailer groaned, squawked, and squealed at every stoplight, and called Rick Huddleston, the trailer guru at Ranger, who I contacted before on my 09 trailer. He sent me new brake pads to try. Took to my local car repairman to put on the pads, told him to look at the trailer and wheels closely when taking apart, let me know if anything looked fishy. Shortly after, he called me to come and look at the trailer. When he had the wheels off, he showed me that all four of the bolts that hold the wheel onto the axle/spindle were loose on the splined axle/spindle. I am probably not calling these parts by their right name. It seems that someone putting the trailer together the day it was built did not want to tighten the bolts correctly. Disappointed that my dealer could not figure out the solution after three tries. He tightened them up properly with impact gun, problem solved. Have not told dealer what we found or given him my mechanics bill yet, but it is about to happen.

Last edited by oly67; 10-02-2019 at 06:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2019, 02:30 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oly67 View Post
My '09 Reata trailer fiberglass fenders would come loose from the metal trailer frame, broke the rivets, I had to put bolts in to fix and hire a body shop guy to fix the fiberglass. Ranger did not put a large enough winch on this trailer for the weight of the boat, a pain in the blank to crank on if you could not power load. Trailer is too light, rated for right at the weight of the boat. If you put in two fishing poles instead of one, probably overloaded it.

My '18 620 trailer made all sorts of groaning, squealing, squeaking noises when going slow, starting out, and stopping. Took to dealer three times to look at, along with some piddly issues with the boat. Dealer would say when I picked it up, nothing wrong with trailer. I talked to some other Ranger owners, said theirs did not make such noises. Finally, got sick of everyone looking at me as my trailer groaned, squawked, and squealed at every stoplight, and called Rick Huddleston, the trailer guru at Ranger, who I contacted before on my 09 trailer. He sent me new brake pads to try. Took to my local car repairman to put on the pads, told him to look at the trailer and wheels closely when taking apart, let me know if anything looked fishy. Shortly after, he called me to come and look at the trailer. When he had the wheels off, he showed me that all four of the bolts that hold the wheel onto the axle/spindle were loose on the splined axle/spindle. I am probably not calling these parts by their right name. It seems that someone putting the trailer together the day it was built did not want to tighten the bolts correctly. Disappointed that my dealer could not figure out the solution after three tries. He tightened them up properly with impact gun, problem solved. Have not told dealer what we found or given him my mechanics bill yet, but it is about to happen.

Dang, good to keep an eye out for.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:10 PM
Wallhanger

I think sometimes with new boats you have bugs to work out on boats and trailers..not having nuts tightened is bad for sure! My 14 came wired wrong from the factory. The brake release would not release in reverse so for a while I pulled it around with the brake locked out. its a 119 on tandem axle pulled by 3/4 ton pick up.

Then the dealer did a less than great wiring job but it got me by until...2 weeks ago when I had it all redone right with a different dealer..but it did work and that trailer pulls great. I pulled that boat all over MN, ND, IA, KS, MO, SD etc. It is bullet proof.

The 2019 621 trailer is also bullet proof. Same exact trailer basically, just heavier I think. everything is good with it. I don't feel either trailer is light for the load they are carrying. I have dual axles under the 119 and obviously the 621. I also carry spare hubs as I had one go out and it can be weeks to get it fixed...bad if you are on the road 700 miles from home.

now if I can just get the point 1 to calibrate and work!! Ill get to it eventually...
Old 10-02-2019, 04:38 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswalleyer View Post
I think sometimes with new boats you have bugs to work out on boats and trailers..not having nuts tightened is bad for sure! My 14 came wired wrong from the factory. The brake release would not release in reverse so for a while I pulled it around with the brake locked out. its a 119 on tandem axle pulled by 3/4 ton pick up.

Then the dealer did a less than great wiring job but it got me by until...2 weeks ago when I had it all redone right with a different dealer..but it did work and that trailer pulls great. I pulled that boat all over MN, ND, IA, KS, MO, SD etc. It is bullet proof.

The 2019 621 trailer is also bullet proof. Same exact trailer basically, just heavier I think. everything is good with it. I don't feel either trailer is light for the load they are carrying. I have dual axles under the 119 and obviously the 621. I also carry spare hubs as I had one go out and it can be weeks to get it fixed...bad if you are on the road 700 miles from home.

now if I can just get the point 1 to calibrate and work!! Ill get to it eventually...

What does this mean?
Old 10-02-2019, 04:55 PM
Wallhanger

https://www.lowrance.com/lowrance/ty...e-lowrance-pk/
Old 10-26-2019, 09:38 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswalleyer View Post
Very interesting to read these comments. I have the FS 622 Pro on order for a January ‘20 delivery. I can not testify to anything yet, other than this is no cheap date but am excited. One cubby hole (mentioned in this string) is filled with a ship to shore radio and the other will be filled with something that my guest will want. The trailer (also mentioned in this sting) has some nice features but are different than the Lund’s.
400 & 15 Merc.
15 & 10 Solix
112 Ulterra
Zip wake
Old 10-27-2019, 05:56 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie7144 View Post
Very interesting to read these comments. I have the FS 622 Pro on order for a January ‘20 delivery. I can not testify to anything yet, other than this is no cheap date but am excited. One cubby hole (mentioned in this string) is filled with a ship to shore radio and the other will be filled with something that my guest will want. The trailer (also mentioned in this sting) has some nice features but are different than the Lund’s.
you are going to love that rig. trailer is really user friendly. I had a troll master put on and love it, also removeable trolling motor mount plate for those ramps where the boat nose wants to drop hard. dratto latch, ezee step and track rod holder system are coming next. vs a bass boat, its more to load and unload, get in and out of, but I'm getting the hang of it.

Last edited by kswalleyer; 10-27-2019 at 06:12 AM.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:09 AM
Minnow

Default Ranger RIDE question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie7144 View Post
Does the Ranger RIDE system have a AM/FM, Bluetooth radio in it?

Tags
change , fiberglass , fs series , improve , ranger