Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Which .22 rifle? - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Archery, Blackpowder, Rifles, Pistols, Shotguns...and whatever else you have.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Wallhanger

Kinda like asking favorite car or fishing rod..

Any of the major brands makes a .22 that would make a good plinking rifle, old man taught me on a Remington Nylon semi auto and would let me load only one at a time till I showed him I could shoot correctly.

I now own a half dozen or so (including that Nylon .22) and they all will shoot well with a bit trial and error with different brands of ammo.

I have a heavy barreled 10/22 and to say Rugers are not accurate is not true.
I use that .22 as a prairie dog gun, along with the Model 41 S&W .22.

.22's can be a lot of fun, personally I'd find one that fits the kid and has a recoil pad for when the kid grows a bit, by that time they can decide on whether they want a high end gun or not.

Gun safety of course would be my first suggested lesson..goes with out saying I guess, but every year someone gets shot because of stupidity.

Good luck.

Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Minnow

Remington 572. Pump action, will last a life time, won't outgrow it, lets you shoot slow, lets you shoot fast, great accuracy and reliability. Put on a scope an watch the squirrels drop.

shiprex
Old 02-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Wallhanger

Default Marlin Mountie

Greatest .22 ever made, Marlin Mountie. Accurate, safe, looks very nice, has some history with it. I know I am an old poop, but semi-auto .22's just give me the creeps. Mechanically, the Ruger is great, no question, popular without a doubt, to each their own.