Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Not finding many newer rangers with Verados? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-27-2020, 01:06 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowking View Post
Waxy Did something change. All the rec products where bought from Bombardier in 2003. Creating BRP. Maybe I missed who owns the new BRP company now. Not super easy to track ownership all the time. Who owns the outboard, atv, and snowmobile company now?
My understanding is that rec products - BRP, wasn't sold it was "spun off" to create a new company, but a company that is still owned under the Bombardier umbrella.

The rail and aerospace divisions operate in much the same way, and they're both losing money, the rail division in particular is a disaster.

Waxy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2020, 02:17 PM
Wallhanger

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombar...ional_Products

They said it was sold. I remember when this happened. Some of the original descendent of the outdoor products bought some of the company.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:38 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bago-Bay View Post
Have been looking at a lot of rangers 2015 and above and hard to find one with a verado all seem to have XP or evinrude, wondering if anyone could bring me up to speed on this iv been out of the loop for a bit and surprised to see evinrude has become so popular again last I remember them was late 70's Thanks
Verados are being phased out for the new naturally aspirated V8's
Old 03-27-2020, 02:39 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
Verados are being phased out for the new naturally aspirated V8's
Really? That does not appear to be the case.

The "Verado" designation is essentially like "Denali" is for GMC. It designates their highest end models. There is even some V8 Verados. Verado no longer explicitly means I-6 Supercharged.

Using the GMC anology, Pro XS is like an "AT4" trim. It's designed for competitive anglers. Compare their mission statements below:

Verado: "Mercury Verado® is the pinnacle of superior outboard design and performance. Created to power the largest boats for the boldest adventures, Verado delivers advanced engineering and refined operation to boat owners who don’t compromise; every feature is designed to deliver the ultimate on-water experience, greatest confidence and supreme comfort."

Pro XS:"Run with the motor that continues to win while establishing new standards for performance. Competitive anglers powered by Pro XS® outboards have won more bass fishing tournaments than all other brands combined. With lightning-quick acceleration, blistering top speed, legendary reliability, and lightweight design, Pro XS has everything you need to travel farther, faster, and harder."

Last edited by Nytron; 03-27-2020 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:22 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytron View Post

The "Verado" designation is essentially like "Denali" is for GMC. It designates their highest end models. There is even some V8 Verados. Verado no longer explicitly means I-6 Supercharged.

Using the GMC anology, Pro XS is like an "AT4" trim. It's designed for competitive anglers. Compare their mission statements below:

Verado: "Mercury Verado® is the pinnacle of superior outboard design and performance. Created to power the largest boats for the boldest adventures, Verado delivers advanced engineering and refined operation to boat owners who don’t compromise; every feature is designed to deliver the ultimate on-water experience, greatest confidence and supreme comfort."

Pro XS:"Run with the motor that continues to win while establishing new standards for performance. Competitive anglers powered by Pro XS® outboards have won more bass fishing tournaments than all other brands combined. With lightning-quick acceleration, blistering top speed, legendary reliability, and lightweight design, Pro XS has everything you need to travel farther, faster, and harder."
https://www.boatingworld.com/engines...y-and-a-beast/
Quote:
The new V-6 FourStrokes come in 175, 200 and 225 hp ratings and set several new benchmarks in their class, starting with their light weight. The 20-inch shaft version — available on all three — tips the scales at 475 pounds, which is 10 pounds lighter than the nearest 200 hp model and a significant 60 pounds lighter than the next lightest 225.

Mercury’s heavier and supercharged inline four-cylinder Verado 175 and 200 hp models will be phased out soon, as will its direct-injected two-stroke OptiMax engines in these horsepower ratings.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:24 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytron View Post

https://www.boatingworld.com/engines...y-and-a-beast/
Quote:
The new V-6 FourStrokes come in 175, 200 and 225 hp ratings and set several new benchmarks in their class, starting with their light weight. The 20-inch shaft version — available on all three — tips the scales at 475 pounds, which is 10 pounds lighter than the nearest 200 hp model and a significant 60 pounds lighter than the next lightest 225.

Mercury’s heavier and supercharged inline four-cylinder Verado 175 and 200 hp models will be phased out soon, as will its direct-injected two-stroke OptiMax engines in these horsepower ratings.
https://speedonthewater.com/new-boat...-outboard-line

It's time is numbered
Old 03-27-2020, 03:55 PM
Minnow

It makes sense to switch from I-4 to V6 for the midrange HP models if there's a weight savings. But that doesn't mean they're going to do the same thing for the higher HP models. At least for the time being, it appears the supercharged I-6 will co-exist with the V8 Pro XS.

Last edited by Nytron; 03-27-2020 at 04:01 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:56 PM
Wallhanger

You can still buy a Verado in V-8 form and will be able to for years to come. They are a more expensive option. The Verado designation has to do with digital shift, digital throttle, quiet exhaust, and vibration isolation with the AMS mid section. It has nothing to do with engine size or configuration as it relates to I-4 / V-6 or I-6 / V-8 etc. it used to mean it was supercharged however that is no longer the case. Currently you can get the new V-8 in a Verado in the 200-300 hp range, and the I-6 Verado remains for the 350 & 400 hp engines. You will continue to see more Pro Xs versions as they are the same V-8 minus some features for less money and possibly some minor increase in performance.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:23 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLE View Post
You can still buy a Verado in V-8 form and will be able to for years to come. They are a more expensive option. The Verado designation has to do with digital shift, digital throttle, quiet exhaust, and vibration isolation with the AMS mid section. It has nothing to do with engine size or configuration as it relates to I-4 / V-6 or I-6 / V-8 etc. it used to mean it was supercharged however that is no longer the case. Currently you can get the new V-8 in a Verado in the 200-300 hp range, and the I-6 Verado remains for the 350 & 400 hp engines. You will continue to see more Pro Xs versions as they are the same V-8 minus some features for less money and possibly some minor increase in performance.
The Verado was a supercharged engine. DTS does not make an engine a Verado. It's an option available on the new 4 stroke naturally aspirated engines.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:46 PM
Wallhanger

2Sac, you completely wrong. Yes it’s available on the other engines just as it was in the old days on an Optimax, as an option. Verado is considered a refined boating system consisting of all the digital features, vibration minimization, sound, and the AMS mid section. You can buy a new V8 Verado right now.