Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
What's everyone working on? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Home Grown Tackle > HGT General Discussion

Old 04-04-2020, 07:51 PM
Wallhanger

Default What's everyone working on?

With all the recent free time, what's everyone working on in the paint and lure dungeons? Painted some bass baits today and also a bunch of chrome variations of Berkely's Disco scheme on WNC Reapers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	discoreapers.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	317166   Click image for larger version

Name:	yamabassbaits2.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	317168  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2020, 01:11 AM
Charter Member

If envy is a sin, then I'm a sinner. Those are really pretty!
Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Old 04-05-2020, 07:15 AM
Wallhanger

Very nice. You do any spoons for Pike & Muskie?
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2020, 09:45 AM
Charter Member

Nice stuff pictured. I re-wrapped several rod portions for a friend and myself. continue to mess around with various jig configurations, tying a few. In other words, a kind of normal early spring, not getting out, tho.

Bill
Old 04-05-2020, 10:16 AM
Wallhanger

As I'm returning to fishing this year after a long hiatus, and returning in a big way, I'm presently conducting a complete gear and tackle inventory, replacing/adding (a LOT of) things and organizing it all. Before the boat I ordered this winter arrives (a 2020 620FS Cup, my 1st boat!) I'll spool fresh line on my new reels and respool my old ones, and start tying up a whole bunch of new live bait spinner rigs. It's been a lot of fun so far!

Custom, those are some beautiful lures!

Gerry
Old 04-05-2020, 03:39 PM
Keeper

Default Installed a hitch.

With everything else closed down I've got plenty of time. So, I decided not to have a hitch installed on my new car and did it myself. Ordered it from E-Trailer along with with a wiring harness. I also picked up a cheap set of ramps to get my car off the ground a little. (I'm 70 and in fair shape but these really helped.) I took my time and backed the car up on the ramps to do the hitch. At one point I had my wife under the car with me to get the nuts started on the bolts. Then I moved the ramps to one side to run a power wire from the light harness to the battery. Over 3 days (working only a couple of hours per day) I got the job done. I crawled under that car a million times! But it's done and I'm confident I did a good job. The key to the whole operation are the video instructions available on-line. They showed me exactly what to do -- and showed it being done on exactly my car (2019 Pacifica). I'm pretty sure my spring trip to Ontario is toast so getting out locally is going to be important.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:32 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
Very nice. You do any spoons for Pike & Muskie?
Not too many. Mostly trout and salmon trolling spoons for myself and a few buddies in the state that run charters for them. Some of my personal collection.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	atlanticspoons.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	317278   Click image for larger version

Name:	halloweenuv.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	317282  
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2020, 08:37 PM
Keeper

I put a set of hydraulic brakes on my boat trailer in my free time. Bought my last boat and trailer as a package, but the trailer did not have a brake package. I knew the brakes would be a necessary addition when a vehicle pulled out in front of me on the way home from my only fishing outing this spring. (The other driver had to run the stop sign to get in front of me because there was no one behind me to scare the crap out of.)
Old 05-21-2020, 08:39 PM
Minnow

Currently in the midst of renovating my bathroom since I have a lot of time in my hands.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:03 PM
Keeper

Snuck up to the lake today, and installed new bunks and slides on the lift. Everything went swimmingly, that usually doesn’t happen so I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Last edited by Eyecatcher23; 05-21-2020 at 09:14 PM.