Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Anyone Fishing - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 04-09-2020, 09:20 PM
Wallhanger

Default Anyone Fishing

l’m getting cabin fever, counted down the winter and now we’re on lockdown. Has anyone launched their boat yet and gone fishing. What’s the attitude of people around if you have. I worry about the social stigma from the traffic around while your driving down the highway and the cars around you are like we’re on lock down and that #&@-*&,! goinf fishing.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2020, 03:56 AM
Wallhanger

lol No worries about stigma. Went to the river on Tuesday and waded the bank with the kid. Water had gone up 2' nine days earlier and dropped 18". Hiked into a spot we figured wouldn't have anyone else and it didn't. Didn't have fish either. Awful nice to be out.

My boat needs to come out of storage and go to the cabin by May 1, was planning on hauling north the weekend of the 17th. Travel to second homes is banned through 4/30. Problematic. I'll know how serious they are about that in a week.
Old 04-10-2020, 06:00 AM
Wallhanger

Well i was until they shut down our ramps, earliest i had ever been on the water March 13, we were lake trout fishing. It was pretty good, averaged about 8 a trip and some in the high teens and low 20.Had close to 90 fish. Had 225 miles on my boat. Now i sit like everyone else. I could care less about what people think, I would say it's social distancing at its best. The shut downs are to stop guys from driving and staying but it impacts the local anglers.If you can...go fish

YouTube...Jim Lyon Fishing

Last edited by Yellow Fever; 04-10-2020 at 06:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2020, 06:53 AM
Charter Member

Ive actually got about 15 days on the water for this year. My boat lives in the next state over, and Im contemplating going over and pulling it home, so I can fish my local water until things settle down. Hate to make the drive over and not fish while Im there.....
Old 04-10-2020, 09:01 AM
Wallhanger

Going to get up early in the morning and head to the North Georgia mountains for a day of trout fishing. Don’t think there will be too many other tourists up there looking for a Sasquatch so I should be good as far as “ fish distancing”.

Got some good tips from Camoclad this morning on different places to try where I can bushwhack my way in to access the river if necessary. Gonna be in the 30s when I leave,but a bright sunny day overall for another adventure

PjShorthorn
Old 04-10-2020, 11:57 AM
Slot Fish

I might get the boat out on Sunday, but first I am going to drive and go scout the two lakes I am interested in for Minnesota walleye opener. I am not sure if the docks are out yet.

I won't have my battery charger until April 18th, I am not sure if it's necessary to charge up your battery after each trip or if it can wait a week.

I am going to be trying out the side scan and playing with the electronics and make sure everything is in order.
Lowrance Hook2 5 on the bow.
MinnKota Terrova 55 Bow-Mount Trolling Motor with i-Pilot.
(2) Northern 31EV Wet Cell - Parallel
Minn Kota Precision Charger MK 220PC 10 amp two bank charger.
ProMariner Prosport 1.5 AMP for the starting battery
Old 04-11-2020, 03:55 AM
Wallhanger

no stigma. been fishing since january. out 15 days or so. lotta people fishing, everyone stays their distance, drive up minnows...no biggie around here but this isn't chicago. last year the lakes were blown out all year and it really hurt local businesses and the marinas, this is the last think they needed this year right off the bat...As of now, the DNR and State govt in both KS and MO has been very Pro outdoors, just keep distance. its seen it as mentally healthy. nobody touching anything, one lake I was at this week the bathroom doors are held open.

Last edited by kswalleyer; 04-11-2020 at 03:58 AM.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:04 AM
Keeper

Got out the past few days and "scratched the Itch" so to speak, beautiful weather with calm water. First time the boat got wet this year. The forecast is cold and snow for the next few days so I feel lucky to have gotten out. I've had a power boat for 9 years now and forgot to put the bilge plug in for the first and hopefully only time. Got across the lake and dropped the Terrova, organized a few things and opened the rod locker. Everyone for a mile around probably heard my gasp! Heart about stopped BIG DUMMY
Stowed the Terrova and got moving asap, takes awhile to get on plane when your boat is full of water, HA! Had to dig out my spare plug too as the original came off the cable that attached it to the hull during the drive to the spot where we started to fish. Reached down and installed it easy enough and pumped the remaining water out. Later on I realized that I could have grabbed the one out of the live well quicker. First trip of the year usually has some sort of surprise but never quite like opening that rod locker up and seeing that much water in there. Fishing was good though, caught a hand full of eyes-
Old 04-11-2020, 05:28 AM
Minnow

Default Anyone Fishing

Our group here in NC is coming to the realization that our Canada trip won’t happen this year. So we are scratching the fishing itch on bass and crappie. Water temperature was Mid-60s on Wednesday.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:15 AM
Wallhanger

I’ve seen several boats on the lakes in northern Indiana, I’m thinking of going out in the morning just depends on the weather. As long as you follow the social distancing guideline it’s not a problem here.