Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Rescheduled trip, again... - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 04-14-2021, 08:48 AM
Slot Fish

Default Rescheduled trip, again...

We rescheduled our June trip with Air Tamarac for September, which is the third time we’ve had to reschedule it. Luckily, AT has been great about letting us rollover our deposits. We didn’t want to wait any longer and potentially miss out on a chance to go if the border should open up before the end of the season. I have to imagine we’ll get up there by next year if this year doesn’t work out. Has anyone else reschedule their early trip for a later date?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2021, 09:05 AM
Wallhanger

I think what you did is a smart move as I just don’t see an open border for at least 4 more months if that is even realistic.
I look at the daily rates by both countries and one is progressing and the other well, no comment as it’s moving about as fast as a Lund with a dead outboard and one oar paddling into a headwind. Also, the latest 1 clot out of a million will slow the rates down.
I’d say 2022 is realistic and the fall of 2021 is a hope.
Old 04-14-2021, 09:19 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichA$1970 View Post
I think what you did is a smart move as I just don’t see an open border for at least 4 more months if that is even realistic.
I look at the daily rates by both countries and one is progressing and the other well, no comment as it’s moving about as fast as a Lund with a dead outboard and one oar paddling into a headwind. Also, the latest 1 clot out of a million will slow the rates down.
Rich if they don’t open sometime this year there won’t be a n.w Ontario to go in 2022, there on there last breath,they can’t breathe anymore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2021, 09:29 AM
Keeper

I'm on the fence about rescheduling also. I was thinking the last week of August. That's as lates I can go. I talked to our resort owner the other day and he has no idea what will happen. Good luck to all and think positive.
Old 04-14-2021, 09:41 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckohlt View Post
Quote:
Rich if they don’t open sometime this year there won’t be a n.w Ontario to go in 2022, there on there last breath,they can’t breathe anymore
Eck, some will go under and that just plain sucks as I would hope the government would support them with grants, tax forgiveness and other incentives as this was totally out of their control and it brings revenue and tourism.
I’m prepared to go old school and camp & portage as needed as it’s cheaper, less windbags to deal with there is a sense of accomplishment being on your own, although there will be setbacks.
Hopefully things work out and like everyone on this board, none of us has any control on this mess.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:36 AM
Keeper

I went out to my garage and told my fishing tackle duffel and my fishing clothes duffel they would not be going to Ontario for the second year straight. Now I have to deal with the emotional baggage.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:57 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da' Walleye Assassun View Post
I went out to my garage and told my fishing tackle duffel and my fishing clothes duffel they would not be going to Ontario for the second year straight. Now I have to deal with the emotional baggage.
Why did you lie to gear?
Old 04-14-2021, 10:58 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Eck, some will go under and that just plain sucks as I would hope the government would support them with grants, tax forgiveness and other incentives as this was totally out of their control and it brings revenue and tourism.
I’m prepared to go old school and camp & portage as needed as it’s cheaper, less windbags to deal with there is a sense of accomplishment being on your own, although there will be setbacks.
Hopefully things work out and like everyone on this board, none of us has any control on this mess.
You will see headwater this year rich
Old 04-14-2021, 11:19 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Da' Walleye Assassun;6550326]I went out to my garage and told my fishing tackle duffel and my fishing clothes duffel they would not be going to Ontario for the second year straight. Now I have to deal with the emotional baggage.[/QUOT

Let's just get us mature folks our out of jail card and open the border and let the younger immature people fend for themselves just the way they want it.Everyone will be happy.
On another note it did stop snowing finally.Ground is saturated and suspect lake levels will come up a bit now.At least maybe the launches will be doable.Last day for walleye in NWO.The weather has put a kabosh on my fishing lately but going to clarks later today on Edward today as they have one dock in and a boat.Winds are strong still but from north so should be calm there i hope.Be first time in 7 years that ice was gone this time of year.

Last edited by Hawker; 04-14-2021 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:46 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=prov1800;6550344]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da' Walleye Assassun View Post
I went out to my garage and told my fishing tackle duffel and my fishing clothes duffel they would not be going to Ontario for the second year straight. Now I have to deal with the emotional baggage.[/QUOT

Let's just get us mature folks our out of jail card and open the border and let the younger immature people fend for themselves just the way they want it.Everyone will be happy.
On another note it did stop snowing finally.Ground is saturated and suspect lake levels will come up a bit now.At least maybe the launches will be doable.Last day for walleye in NWO.The weather has put a kabosh on my fishing lately but going to clarks later today on Edward today as they have one dock in and a boat.Winds are strong still but from north so should be calm there i hope.Be first time in 7 years that ice was gone this time of year.
A lot of us young guys have a lot of hundred dollar bill to spend there,they’ll be more hundreds coming into Ontario than people