Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
NW side of Lac Seul first weekend in June/ Ideas? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 03-10-2016, 10:00 AM
Minnow

Default NW side of Lac Seul first weekend in June/ Ideas?

I am thinking about going to NW side Lac Seul the first weekend in June this year. I have not fished the NW side of Lac Seul before. I have been to th NE side of Lac Seul 3 times in August.

I was looking at some resorts in the area and wondering if anyone had any opinions on the best places to stay for that time of year and any reviews of Whitewing resort.

Also if anyone could give me some ideas on where to fish on NW end of Lac Seul in early June since we have never fished it before. We have fished Wabeskang, Cedar, along with NE side of Lac Seul.

I greatly appreciate any help and would offer my reviews or ideas if anyone else need some.

Thanks

Todd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2016, 11:01 AM
Slot Fish

Default NW side of Lac Seul

Great choice but it is doubtful you will find an opening this late in the game. I would suggest Lac Seul Lodge. Great camp with clean cabins and good boats located very close to excellent fishing.

Steve Ediger
Old 03-10-2016, 11:10 AM
Wallhanger

if you find an opening that time of year do your research. There might be a reason it's open and I can't imagine it would be a good one.

Unless you get a cancellation or something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2016, 11:23 AM
Wallhanger

Steve is correct. I'm not trying to be a smart alec but you say you're considering going to the premiere walleye lake in Ontario during peak season and we're in March. That's sort of like saying you're thinking about going to Cancun for Spring Break, where's the best place to stay?

There are 10 or so lodges in the Ear Falls area. It doesn't hurt to call 'em all and ask. It's possible you might get lucky, but June of '16 was probably filled by the end of June of '15. But you don't know until you ask.

One of the most popular spots that time of year is the mouth of the Wenesaga. I've never been that early, but I'd bet that area gets pretty crowded.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:48 AM
Keeper

I too would question if there will be any openings that time of the year. All you can do is call and try to find one. My wife and I have been fishing LS out of Whitewing for the past 13 years and have 3 trips booked for this coming summer. The facilities are very nice and well maintained. Dave and Bobbie are great hosts and would help put you on the fish if you ask.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:13 PM
Wallhanger

There you have it.all booked up.but could get lucky you never know.but with every place being booked there will be a lot of boats all over.wenesaga river bumperboats will be exciting if you stay near thecearfalls camps.i would try evergreen lodge, 20 miles south of there is onaway lodge.great cabins.but would need to boat a ways to get to good fishing.but again it will be busy.would you be bringing a boat or using a camp boat.fishing is as good as the east end.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:15 PM
Keeper

Whitewing is a very nice resort. One of the best in that area. Bobby is one of the nicest camp owners and Dave is just Dave.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:39 PM
Keeper

PM sent
Old 03-10-2016, 05:49 PM
Minnow

Thanks
Minkota Terrova 80
Lowrance HDS gen 2 touch 9
Lowrance HDS gen 1 8
Old 03-12-2016, 07:13 AM
Minnow

sent you a private message.