Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Rude encounter on Eagle Lake - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 08-28-2019, 02:19 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Fishwitit;6353862]I’m a Canadian. I will gladly pull up to any American registered boat. It’s our lake we own the resources. You guys are our welcomed guests. But it’s now “your” spot.[/QUOTE]

If you'd do this to a Canadian registered boat, then congrats, I consider it being rude to your fellow countrymen, too. I wouldn't fish within 100yds of someone else no matter the size of the structure, the size of the lake, or where they park their boat in winter. Of course, you can disagree all you want, but I still won't fish right by you if you were there first. :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2019, 02:32 PM
Charter Member

I think [B]the point of the original post[/B] was to shine a light on rude behavior. It's nobody's "spot" but there is a thing called fishing etiquette. All I can say is that those running a business would do well to lead by example.....
Old 08-28-2019, 02:38 PM
Minnow

[QUOTE=Ricky Spanish;6353908][QUOTE=Fishwitit;6353862]I’m a Canadian. I will gladly pull up to any American registered boat. It’s our lake we own the resources. You guys are our welcomed guests. But it’s now “your” spot.[/QUOTE]

If you'd do this to a Canadian registered boat, then congrats, I consider it being rude to your fellow countrymen, too. I wouldn't fish within 100yds of someone else no matter the size of the structure, the size of the lake, or where they park their boat in winter. Of course, you can disagree all you want, but I still won't fish right by you if you were there first. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I do it because I’m under the assumption Americans are ruining our resource. 90% of angling pressure is non residents anglers. Their limit shouldn’t be equal to a resident angler. It’s already it the works which is great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2019, 02:46 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Fishwitit;6353914]I do it because I’m under the assumption Americans are ruining our resource. 90% of angling pressure is non residents anglers. Their limit shouldn’t be equal to a resident angler. It’s already it the works which is great.[/QUOTE]

You know 90% of all statistics are just made up, right? You don't have to justify it to anyone with an assumption about limits. Be rude if you want to be rude. Own it.
Old 08-28-2019, 02:54 PM
Minnow

[QUOTE=Ricky Spanish;6353918][QUOTE=Fishwitit;6353914]I do it because I’m under the assumption Americans are ruining our resource. 90% of angling pressure is non residents anglers. Their limit shouldn’t be equal to a resident angler. It’s already it the works which is great.[/QUOTE]

You know 90% of all statistics are just made up, right? You don't have to justify it to anyone with an assumption about limits. Be rude if you want to be rude. Own it.[/QUOTE]

Not being rude at all. Not my intention anyways. Just frustrating, when I can’t go to a lake because the parking lot is full of license plates that are non resident. Has happened to me several times this summer. It’s not locals fishing the lakes out. Truly you should be able to appreciate where I’m coming from.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:07 PM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=Fishwitit;6353922]Not being rude at all. Not my intention anyways. Just frustrating, when I can’t go to a lake because the parking lot is full of license plates that are non resident. Has happened to me several times this summer. It’s not locals fishing the lakes out. Truly you should be able to appreciate where I’m coming from.[/QUOTE]

It would be interesting to know what area you are observing this situation from. NW Ontario? Southern Ontario? Are you factoring the economic contribution that this type of tourism generates? Do any of your neighbors benefit from tourism directly or indirectly? Are you sure the overfishing problem you site is due to one user group?

Let's have a real conversation and leave the rudeness for others....
Old 08-28-2019, 03:29 PM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=Fishwitit;6353922]Not being rude at all. Not my intention anyways. Just frustrating, when I can’t go to a lake because the parking lot is full of license plates that are non resident. Has happened to me several times this summer. It’s not locals fishing the lakes out. Truly you should be able to appreciate where I’m coming from.[/QUOTE]

Just because you don't intend to be rude... doesn't make your actions any better.

If parking lot issue is the problem, go to a council meeting and complain.

As a dual citizen, Canada benefits GREATLY from the US fishing tourism industry. Millions of jobs are created by it.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:33 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=v-bay gord;6353930]It would be interesting to know what area you are observing this situation from. NW Ontario? Southern Ontario? Are you factoring the economic contribution that this type of tourism generates? Do any of your neighbors benefit from tourism directly or indirectly? Are you sure the overfishing problem you site is due to one user group?

Let's have a real conversation and leave the rudeness for others....[/QUOTE]

Now, I'm with you but I still don't "horn in" on others while fishing. My area is loaded with IL license plates all summer long. It's our luck for living where people love to vacation. It's beautiful in central WI and the deer hunting is stupid easy if you can get some land. The tourists leave messes, treat locals and service industry folks like waitresses and bartenders rudely, but they leave a bunch of money here for the trouble.

It is my understanding that Eagle Lake's fishing is much better lately than it was in years past, despite all us darn Americans fishing there, too. Guys like v-bay gord literally staked their lives on it. I really think it is already too late for many WI lakes, and I think resource management is way ahead of us in NW Ontario.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:17 PM
Wallhanger

Fishwitit, just curious, do you visit the US or any other countries?

2020 Lund 1975 Pro-V
225 Mercury 15 Mercury
Ulterra 112 I Pilot Link MDI
Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA+ SI (2)
Humminbird 360
Old 08-28-2019, 06:20 PM
unlogged billybob

Hey Fishwitit,

You have no clue where I am from! If you do not want other people fishing "your lake" have your elected officials change the law. I was making an observation of less than honorable behavior and it kind of got twisted around a little bit. Lets go have a cold beer and work things out!