Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Good-by Twins - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 04-19-2012, 07:39 AM
Charter Member

Default Good-by Twins

Confession of a former Twins junkie.

Since the start of the baseball season a few weeks back, I have not watched the Twins on TV (or listened on radio). This has been a conscious effort. It was easy the first few days as I had other things to do and they were losing in their usual pitiful way. Now that I have established the habit it is amazing what I have accomplished in the time (plus or minus 3 hours) that I used to waste every day.

I have fixed a lot of things that, while not completely broken, had deteriorated into to a state of semi useless disrepair and only need a little bit of attention to restore them to working order. I have put a few of the needed hours into the necessary spring “clean up the garden” tasks. I am ready for the rototiller man to do his job when it gets a little more dried out from the welcome rain of the past week.

I have actually gone fishing and will continue to do so when the bite recovers from the shock of sub freezing temps of the past week. You can’t beat spring wading for walleyes.

This is a complete turnaround from the past few years of a weedy garden and a depleted supply of walleyes in the freezer and high golf scores. It feels good, looks better to the neighbors, and only took a “don’t touch that dial” conscious effort on my part.

Therefore, “good bye Twins” I will read about you in the papers and on the computer but you will not get anymore of my time sitting in front of the TV. That time will be spent working on my golf swing, setting the hook and getting rid of the undesirables in my garden.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Charter Member

You will be back.

You will miss the sweet swing of Mauer when he is on one of his hitting streaks.

You will miss watching the "torque" on Morneau's follow through swing.

You will wonder just what this Willingham guy is all about.

You will want to see what BAD, BAD pitching looks like.

You will want to hear the sound of a round ball striking a wood bat on the sweet spot.

Lastly, you will want to see the blue sky framed against perfectly cut green grass.

There are many more reasons to watch a baseball game other then wins or losses.

Enjoy your gardening, but you will be back.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Wallhanger

Its OK to watch the Twins sometimes. May 16,17, 25-28 they play the Tigers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Wallhanger

As a lifelong Pirate fan let me give you some advice. What you are suggesting is next to impossible. You were born a Twins fan, just like the little duckling that's first sight was a horse and follows the horse around the barn like the horse is its mother. The duckling can not change it's thinking and neither can you, it's imprinted because you love the baseball and the Twins just like I love the Pirates. People like you and me are doomed to spend our lives celebrating other smaller achievements, a player that gets hot, a series win, being actually not out of it by June. We live our lives like chronic alcoholics, we can put it down from time to time, but sooner or later you'll pick up the paper and see the Twins won 2 in a row, and you'll think, hey that's 8 out of 11, and it's like falling off the wagon. You'll be bingeing again before the middle of May. Take care oh fellow baseball junkie loser, and rejoice in the fact that we Pirate fans must look up to see the Twins.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:11 AM
Keeper

Default x cubs fan

i am a ex-cubs fan. need i say more. my cousin went to his grave a die hard cub fan, no pun intented. i gave up on baseball back during their strike and have not regreted it. a friend of mine who was a long suffering bears fan while he lived down here in north west indiana now lives in wisconsin. he's been there about 15 yrs. he e-mailed 2yrs ago when the bears and green bay were going to play and said, "go bears"and take the cubs with you. im still a bears fan but baseball last too long.....pepe
Old 04-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Charter Member

I can see I need to start a Twins Anonymous so you guys can kick the habit.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
I can see I need to start a Twins Anonymous so you guys can kick the habit.
and then what happens when they start winning?

you will jump back on the bandwagon.

Dad shot the little fellow.

Mary had a little pig.
Her father shot it dead.
Now it goes to school with her,
Between two hunks of bread.