Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
How much do you pay your pro for a tip in the pwt as an amateur? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

View Poll Results: How much do you pay your pro for a tip in the pwt as an amateur?
Nothing 494 35.14%
$20 99 7.04%
$40 175 12.45%
$60 109 7.75%
More 387 27.52%
Based on how the day went 142 10.10%
Voters: 1406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Keeper

Default How much do you pay your pro for a tip in the pwt as an amateur?

I know this has been hammered on but I want to know what the majority do for tips. I have a buddy that wants to fish one but he would like to know how much it will cost him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Keeper

Default How much do you pay your pro for a tip in the pwt as an amateur?

I know this has been hammered on but I want to know what the majority do for tips. I have a buddy that wants to fish one but he would like to know how much it will cost him.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Fishchaser

Default RE: How much do you pay your pro for a tip in the pwt a...

I have fished 6 events in the pwt and flw and I gave each pro 40/day for lost tackle and gas. Seems pretty cheap for a great day on the water.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Fishchaser

Default RE: How much do you pay your pro for a tip in the pwt a...

I have fished 6 events in the pwt and flw and I gave each pro 40/day for lost tackle and gas. Seems pretty cheap for a great day on the water.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:15 PM
Charter Member

Default Cost-sharing, not a "tip"

Greetings! I am going on my 10th year fishing PWT and FLW events as a co-angler. Started with $25 contribution and now do $40 - $60 to help offset fuel, operating expense and general pro tourney expenses. Every pro has been thankful and gracious, a couple tried to decline at first based upon a tough day but accepted the funds as a teamwork gesture.

I also offer to contribute when I go out pre-fishing or scouting with the pro anglers; some accept, some don't but they have always been good about appreciating the offer.

Thanks!
TrollerMan
Waconia MN USA
Old 02-21-2008, 11:15 PM
Charter Member

Default Cost-sharing, not a "tip"

Greetings! I am going on my 10th year fishing PWT and FLW events as a co-angler. Started with $25 contribution and now do $40 - $60 to help offset fuel, operating expense and general pro tourney expenses. Every pro has been thankful and gracious, a couple tried to decline at first based upon a tough day but accepted the funds as a teamwork gesture.

I also offer to contribute when I go out pre-fishing or scouting with the pro anglers; some accept, some don't but they have always been good about appreciating the offer.

Thanks!
TrollerMan
Waconia MN USA
Old 02-22-2008, 06:59 AM
Fishem before

Default RE: Cost-sharing, not a

I don't think that a person should base there decision on wether to fish the pwt or flw based on having money for the tip. Most if not all pro's want a partner that brings knowledge and good sportsmanship. If the tip becomes part of the overall equation...meaning that it is expected...then the cost should be upfront. It leaves to much to chance and with all the attitudes that come with fishing tipping can lead to unsatisifed pro's and co's that are shunned for not tipping.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:59 AM
Fishem before

I don't think that a person should base there decision on wether to fish the pwt or flw based on having money for the tip. Most if not all pro's want a partner that brings knowledge and good sportsmanship. If the tip becomes part of the overall equation...meaning that it is expected...then the cost should be upfront. It leaves to much to chance and with all the attitudes that come with fishing tipping can lead to unsatisifed pro's and co's that are shunned for not tipping.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:32 AM

Im a college student that is trying to get experience from these pros and when I got a tournament that is 3 to 4 days long it can add up in a hurry. I normally tip my Pro's $20, unless I place in the money or something, it depends on how the day went. But for me its $20, If I had the cash I would like to do $40, but I cant afford it.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:32 AM

Im a college student that is trying to get experience from these pros and when I got a tournament that is 3 to 4 days long it can add up in a hurry. I normally tip my Pro's $20, unless I place in the money or something, it depends on how the day went. But for me its $20, If I had the cash I would like to do $40, but I cant afford it.
Closed Thread